Springfield 1911 A1 Stainless Steel Mil-Spec Mini-review [PB9151LP]

This is a discussion on Springfield 1911 A1 Stainless Steel Mil-Spec Mini-review [PB9151LP] within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just purchased this pistol on Saturday and got a chance to take it out today even though it was raining. Fit and finish is extremely ...

Thread: Springfield 1911 A1 Stainless Steel Mil-Spec Mini-review [PB9151LP]

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar

Springfield 1911 A1 Stainless Steel Mil-Spec Mini-review [PB9151LP]

Just purchased this pistol on Saturday and got a chance to take it out today even though it was raining.
    Fit and finish is extremely good and the pistol feels very solid. I managed to shoot about a 1/2 box of 230gr
    WWB ball nose. There were no FTE, FTF or stove piping. The magazines (2 ea) included with the pistol appear to be all
    stailess steel - no plastic elements. The pistol also comes with wood (cocobolo) and black plastic grips, plastic magazine
    carrier and a plastic holster.

Not only is this my first 1911, it also my first .45 cal. So consider this a newbie review and not something from a
    seasoned 1911 owner.

It appears the sights are, with ammo I was using, good at 45 feet. At 60 feet I was shooting low. At 25 feet I was
    shooting high. The attatched target was shot at approximately 30 feet. Again, my 1st 45 and 1st 1911 platform pistol.

Trigger and break point is extremely pleasing. trigger, according to the factory, is set at 5lbs. It seems a lot
    lighter than that but remember I have been shooting mostly revolvers and polymer-type pistols.
    Safety is setup for right handers and the sights are what they are. Pure iron sights and can't be changed without
    machining. I do like the plain trigger. I am sure it is just me but with a skeletonized trigger, I can imigine
    droping the pistol in woods and wind up with something in the holes preventing the pistol from firing. Probably
    not just that's just me.

Recoil was quiet plesant with no suprises and about the same as my Springfield XD40 and honestly maybe a little less.

The only issue I have is that after 30 or so rounds the upper web of of my strong hand gets irritated from the beaver
    tail. However I think that is operator error. I was gripping the pistol too tightly. When I got more comfortable with
    less than a death grip and moved my hand down perhaps a 1/4" things changed.

All in all a nice pistol and, even though it was raining, I had a great time and extremely satisfied with the pistol.
    Attached Images
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Links