ND caught on tape

ND caught on tape

This is a discussion on ND caught on tape within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sucks to be this guy. While I applaud him for posting and helping people learn from his mistakes it was a pretty dumb one at ...

ND caught on tape

Sucks to be this guy. While I applaud him for posting and helping people learn from his mistakes it was a pretty dumb one at that. Looking at some of his other videos he is quite the character. I'm all for training how you fight and not just static shooting at a piece of paper but I think he should seek some professional instruction. Let me correct that, I think we all should seek some professional instruction to build our skill set and not assume we have seen it done therefore know how to train.

WARNING THERE IS ADULT LANGUAGE

YouTube - ‪I shot myself! NEGLIGENT DISCHARGES HAPPEN!‬‏
    Last edited by yankeeman; July 4th, 2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Warning added

"I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I searched and missed it, Mods please merge. Sorry

I like to compare this to driving a car. You can have a perfect driving record for 30 years, but eventually you can make a mistake and cause an accident. When you do, the person you hit is going to call you a moron, an unsafe driver, etc. You will be judged by that one incident.

Before anyone starts insulting this guy and calling him a moron, saying his gun rights should be revoked, and all of the other comments I anticipate, I would like to point out that this could happen to any of us. I'm glad this guy's injuries appear to be minor.

This is the primary reason I like to carry unchambered 90% of the time. I realize there is an added risk in the event of an attack, but I also recognize this type of incident as being equal if not greater risk than the alternative. As I've said before, I do not attempt to advocate others to follow my example. I simply want people to understand the reasons for my person decision. One last thing - please do not turn this into a flame war. And lets all be glad this guy took the time to share his story with us, lets not ridicule him.

I have seen many times where some of the most trained persons with firearms have had a ND. I have known persons that have shot themselves in the leg or foot while training.
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Senior Moderator
    Since it's already running and being discussed at the mentioned thread and to keep the video from being repeated, I'll just close this thread.

Links