Calling Broomhandle Experts

This is a discussion on Calling Broomhandle Experts within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a lead on a bolo Mauser C96 Broomhandle. It has obviously been reblued but, a good job. Shoots the 7.63 Mauser. Thing is, ...

I have a lead on a bolo Mauser C96 Broomhandle. It has obviously been reblued but, a good job. Shoots the 7.63 Mauser. Thing is, only numbers on the gun are on the barrel. No other numbers do I find on any parts. Is this possible? The Mauser stamp is not on it either.
    Seller asking $400 [down a bit]. I am tempted to get a box of ammo and try it. He says it is a good shooter from his fathers collection.
    Any opinions appreciated.

VIP Member
    $400 is extremely cheap, sounds like a Chinese broomhandle, I have one and most parts are numbered. There is a possibility the numbers may have been removed during the polishing prior reblueing.

Also make sure to use only 7.63 Mauser ammo, ammo for the 7.62 x 25 Tokarev will fit but it is loaded to MUCH higher pressure.

Here are a couple of websites with more info, unfortunately the c96 forum is currently down but when it comes back up great source of info.

Surplusrifle.com's Collecting and Shooting the Mauser c96 Broomhandle Pistol - HISTORY

C96 Broomhandle Mauser
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

GM
    No matter if it is Chinese or what, if the gun looks nice and it works well I should buy it directly. After it is yours you can find out more about it. $400 is a very good price.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Links