Review of Huntertown Arms .22 Suppressors.

This is a discussion on Review of Huntertown Arms .22 Suppressors. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MilitaryArms

Thread: Review of Huntertown Arms .22 Suppressors.

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar

Review of Huntertown Arms .22 Suppressors.

HotGuns and OD* like this.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Good review.
    I've been selling these things like crazy.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    Good to hear. They are really great products. I've had dinner with the owner and he's a great down to earth guy. For the price, you simply can't beat them. I plan on picking up a few more.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

Senior Moderator
    I ordered the Stainless one today. Next on the list is that short one.

I talked to him for awhile yesterday. He may start making monolithic stacks for me to suppress .300 Blackout Uppers. He may be able to make them and sell them to me cheaper and easier than I can do it.

We got some details to work out, but I think it'll be a win-win for both of us.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Forgive me for asking, but what is the purpose behind one of these? A friend of mine has one for his Walther P22 and he had to go through a lot of paperwork and spend a lot of money to get one legally. Even he can't tell me exactly what he wanted it for. I mean, if you are at a gun-range then a .22 will already be the quietest gun on the range. If you are on your own property outside of the city limits, I guess it doesn't matter who hears your gun unless you are just trying to keep your neighbors happy. So unless you are an assassin as a career, I'm just having a bit of difficulty figuring this one out.

Senior Moderator
    I did a group buy on these things and they sold immediatly.

The reasons for owning one? Here is what I know.

Urban Sprawl. Here in Arkansas, lots of neighborhoods are springing up that are outside of city limits. Many of these places have several acres. If you have a good backstop, lots of people shoot in their backyards. So as to not alert the whole neighborhood, lots of people are buying suppressors.

Training. Shooting a quiet gun is alot easier than shooting one that makes a young shooter flinch. Its easier to control, there is virtually no muzzle blast, and the more you shoot one, the less you will want to shoot a gun without one.

Hunting. Deer hunting,squirrel hunting, rabbit hunting. You can slip into a 40 acre plot, whack a limit of squirrels and no one will be the wiser. Squirrels wont even know they are being shot at even if you miss. Rabbits, in groups of two or three wont notice. As for deer...I have a 10 point on my wall that I shot with a .300 Whisper. It had a doe with it. The doe didnt move until I got down out of my stand and walked within 20 fee t of it. She finally lost her nerve and took off.

Predator control. Got possums in the trash at night? Coons getting into the dog food? How about wild cats everywhere? Suppressed .22 takes care of it.

Wild dogs? Mean dogs? Neighbors dogs messing with your stuff? Shoot the sucker and throw it out in the middle of the road. They'll think it got run over and you are off the hook. Peace reigns in the neighborhood.

Cool factor. They are fun to shoot and actually increase accuracy. All of your friends will want to shoot it.

Cost. The cost is coming down. Several years ago you couldnt touch a suppressor for less than 400 bucks. Now, they are 200 and sound quieter to to technological advances. The 200 Tax Stamp isn't quite the hurdle is used to be.

They are getting very popular.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Shoot the sucker and throw it out in the middle of the road. They'll think it got run over and you are off the hook.
    This line made me spit my water all over! LOL......
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Very cool.

And another professional grade review from Sturmgewehre at Military Arms Channel.

Love your YouTube channel buddy.

Semper Fi, Mac.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I have shot friends suppressed weapons in the past,it used to be by the time you bought a suppressor and paid the tax stamp you were talking the price of a nice gun,and even at these prices the tax stamp is just as much if not more than the suppressor.So why am I buying one,I figure it will be a great addition to my collection and someday my granddaughter will be holding my GSG 1911 with the suppressor shooting tin cans,or clay birds on a dirt berm gritting her teeth and muttering "FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS"
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

GM
    Very good review!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Cost. The cost is coming down. Several years ago you couldnt touch a suppressor for less than 400 bucks. Now, they are 200 and sound quieter to to technological advances. The 200 Tax Stamp isn't quite the hurdle is used to be.
    Those are some good arguments, I suppose. My issue is mainly the cost. However, I agree with dukalmighty in the fact that for the cost of the suppressor I could buy another gun. And another gun would be much more fun than an accessory to an existing gun.

Also for the dogs in the garbage I find an airsoft gun works pretty well at close range, at a distance a regular metal BB gun works great. I've heard a paintball gun works well too, but I don't have one.

Links