The Newspaper Got It Rright!

The Newspaper Got It Rright!

This is a discussion on The Newspaper Got It Rright! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; in the local rag no less.... Police say ex-con used stolen gun during rampage | The Enquirer | battlecreekenquirer.com Police say ex-con used stolen gun ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By KimBobTex
  • 3 Post By limatunes

Thread: The Newspaper Got It Rright!

Lightbulb The Newspaper Got It Rright!

in the local rag no less....

Police say ex-con used stolen gun during rampage | The Enquirer | battlecreekenquirer.com

Police say ex-con used stolen gun during rampage

GRAND RAPIDS -- A 34-year-old ex-con whose criminal past barred him from owning firearms used a stolen .40-caliber handgun to kill seven people and wound two others before taking his own life, a Grand Rapids police official said.

Investigators are trying to figure out what motivated Rodrick Dantzler to kill two former girlfriends, his 12-year-old daughter and four others related to them on Thursday, police Capt. Jeffrey Hertel said.

Dantzler wounded two other people and took three hostages before freeing them and shooting himself, police said.

The gun he used was stolen from a home in western Michigan's Kent County, which includes Grand Rapids, Hertel said.

The U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is working to trace the gun's history, The Grand Rapids Press reported Sunday.

Dantzler has a criminal record dating back to a 1992 juvenile arrest for burglary, and his mother and at least three other women have sought protective orders against him, according to records.
    So real quick just how would more gun control laws have helped????
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

No laws could have stopped this criminal act. The scumbag was a walking crime looking for a place to happen.

No need to bury Mr. Dantzler, just feed him to the gators...gators gotta' eat, too!OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    No laws could have stopped this criminal act. The scumbag was a walking crime looking for a place to happen.

No need to bury Mr. Dantzler, just feed him to the gators...gators gotta' eat, too!OMOYMV
    up here is it the snapping turtles....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

What do you have against gators? The POS would give them the runs.

BTW Are gators that far north?
    Courage is endurance for one moment more…

Hollowpoints might expand, but bullets won't shrink.

Μολών Λαβέ

Playing the devil's advocate here:

The anti's position on this is that more gun laws would have prevented this, as it is the homeowner's fault that this happened for having a gun to begin with, & making it available for the BG to find & steal upon breaking & entering. More gun laws to prohibit ALL gun ownership, specifically legal ownership of legal guns by law abiding citizens is what they want, as it is the theft of these legal guns that is the source where ALL criminals get ALL their guns, hence no guns in the home = no gun violence in the US. Y'all just don't get it ... WE are to blame for these crimes.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Quote Originally Posted by KimBobTex View Post
    More gun laws to prohibit ALL gun ownership, specifically legal ownership of legal guns by law abiding citizens is what they want,
    You are right.. That is exactly what an anti-gun person would say. If there were no guns allowed, then over time it would be more difficult to criminals to obtain them. Of course it would take 2 lifetimes for that to happen in the USA.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    You are right.. That is exactly what an anti-gun person would say. If there were no guns allowed, then over time it would be more difficult to criminals to obtain them. Of course it would take 2 lifetimes for that to happen in the USA.
    Try... It would NEVER happen in the USA as it hasn't happened anywhere else that has banned guns either. Criminals can still get guns in the UK which is an ISLAND!?! If THEY can't control guns coming into their country that's a 1/3 the size of ours and rather isolated, how in the world can it be expected that we would be able to completely eradicate guns from our country?

We can't do it with drugs. We couldn't do it with alcohol. We can't do it with Cuban cigars. We can't do it with human trafficking. We would never be able to do it with guns.

Any one who believes banning all guns would mean the end of gun crime is... well.. not a thinking person.

Being from Battle Creek myself, the significance of the Enquirer getting something right is not lost on me! 'Course, it was a day late.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Try... It would NEVER happen in the USA as it hasn't happened anywhere else that has banned guns either. Criminals can still get guns in the UK which is an ISLAND!?! If THEY can't control guns coming into their country that's a 1/3 the size of ours and rather isolated, how in the world can it be expected that we would be able to completely eradicate guns from our country?
    While I'll agree that they would not be able to eliminate criminals having guns, I would be lying if I thought it wouldn't reduce the number of them. However, I certainly don't support a ban on guns, don't get me wrong. What little good might come from such a move would be far outweighed by all of the bad that would come from it.

Dantzler appears to have been trouble for a long time. Did he just slip through the system? Or was it just a matter of time? I'm just glad he is gone so I don't have to support him. This clown ended up within a half mile of my b&s inlaw and four kids.
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

Here's another take on it... sure they got it right but then they blame the "legal gun" as "...there are no illegal guns."

the author is a maroon:

NBC CHICAGO BLOG
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

The gun he used was stolen from a home in western Michigan's Kent County, which includes Grand Rapids, Hertel said.

The U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is working to trace the gun's history, The Grand Rapids Press reported Sunday.
    Are they investigating that it was actually stolen ??? Why the "history" check of the gun, I don't see how that answers any pertinent questions other that if it were not actually stolen.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    While I'll agree that they would not be able to eliminate criminals having guns, I would be lying if I thought it wouldn't reduce the number of them. However, I certainly don't support a ban on guns, don't get me wrong. What little good might come from such a move would be far outweighed by all of the bad that would come from it.
    So exactly how would banning all guns eliminate violent crime,what you have done is taken away an even the playing field for law abiding citisens,In Canada a highly restrictive gun state they have more knife crime and people being beaten with ball bats etc. England has banned all handguns and criminal gangs run rampant attacking people and robbing them with knives or just the threat of force.In England the act of self defense is and of itself a crime,if beaten or stabbed,or threatened you must ring the authorities to deal with the problem.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    So exactly how would banning all guns eliminate violent crime,what you have done is taken away an even the playing field for law abiding citisens,In Canada a highly restrictive gun state they have more knife crime and people being beaten with ball bats etc. England has banned all handguns and criminal gangs run rampant attacking people and robbing them with knives or just the threat of force.In England the act of self defense is and of itself a crime,if beaten or stabbed,or threatened you must ring the authorities to deal with the problem.
    Beats me.. I didn't say it would reduce violent crime. I simply said it would reduce the number of guns that criminals could get their hands on. Don't start labeling me as an anti-gun advocate. I was very clear that such a move would be ignorant.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KimBobTex View Post
    Playing the devil's advocate here:

The anti's position on this is that more gun laws would have prevented this, as it is the homeowner's fault that this happened for having a gun to begin with, & making it available for the BG to find & steal upon breaking & entering. More gun laws to prohibit ALL gun ownership, specifically legal ownership of legal guns by law abiding citizens is what they want, as it is the theft of these legal guns that is the source where ALL criminals get ALL their guns, hence no guns in the home = no gun violence in the US. Y'all just don't get it ... WE are to blame for these crimes.
    Then following the same (anti-gun law) logic, the anti-gunners should petition for stricter or more B&E laws. Then, according to their (il)logic, there would be less B&E's.

Sponsored Links