Sun Gun = Hot Fun

This is a discussion on Sun Gun = Hot Fun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This past weekend out in Okeechobee.....95 degrees, but a great day. YouTube - ‪Drew Shprintz Fighting Pistol Drill‬‏...

Thread: Sun Gun = Hot Fun

Sun Gun = Hot Fun

This past weekend out in Okeechobee.....95 degrees, but a great day.

YouTube - ‪Drew Shprintz Fighting Pistol Drill‬‏

2. Remove Ads

Interesting training scenario against multiple agressors. One question - Why did you holster the used mags instead of just dropping them ? You waste several seconds on each reload that could be critical ----- I would have thought that the instructor would have said something ---

Quote Originally Posted by chjtoken View Post
    Interesting training scenario against multiple agressors. One question - Why did you holster the used mags instead of just dropping them ? You waste several seconds on each reload that could be critical ----- I would have thought that the instructor would have said something ---
    It was not a competition. The video is of a student, not me. The mag changes were adminastrative reloads (mags were not empty but he had cover and time) so he retained them, in case he needed the ammo later.....It was not a match, it was a training day.

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Man, it musta been hotter and wetter n' heck down there!!!

It was "only" in the low-to-mid 80s out here in NE-Ohio this past weekend (nowhere near your humidity, my guess), but I was out there as well. Our instructor splashed water on us as a diversion/distraction during one scenario, and boy was that welcome!

For the first time in my life, actually, I experienced heat-exhaustion. I tend to sweat a lot - and that's good in several ways, including that it tells me that I should be drinking to replenish...but I'm a beginner shooter, so I got a little too focused on the shooting, and neglected my bodily needs. Luckily, I caught myself early: I pulled myself off the line, and it took about 30 minutes of rehydration and cooling off before things finally caught back up with me in real-time.

Never again will I make that mistake!

Links