Gun Range fun

This is a discussion on Gun Range fun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I went shooting today at a membership outdoor gun range,I took several guns and took along my AR15 with the Slide Fire stock,there is no ...

Thread: Gun Range fun

Gun Range fun

I went shooting today at a membership outdoor gun range,I took several guns and took along my AR15 with the Slide Fire stock,there is no Full Auto guns allowed on the range,but the Slide Fire circumvents that rule since it requires an individual trigger pull for each shot,there were 3 local LEO's shooting to my left and after shooting conversation drifted towards reloading etc,thats when I pull out the AR and one cop says I heard about those and wondered how well they work,so I load a 30 round mag and in about 5 bursts empty it into a silhouette target.about that time a guy from the 100 yard rifle range runs over yelling about no Full Autos allowed,I told him it's not Full Auto and I had already discussed it with one of the board members that gave his approval.
    So next Sunday I will be taking about 300 rounds of 223 and both LH and RH stocks and let these guys see how well they work for themselves.If I remember I might take my mini DVD camera and record some video
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    How long until the BATF steps in on this toy?
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

GM
    Perhaps I am wrong, but I think that you might be pushing it too much.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    What range do you use that allows rapid fire? I wanna go.

Links