Private Handgun Sales in Missouri

This is a discussion on Private Handgun Sales in Missouri within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I poked around a little bit on handgunlaw.us and other sites, looking for difinitive info on selling a handgun in Missouri. To the best ...

Thread: Private Handgun Sales in Missouri

So I poked around a little bit on handgunlaw.us and other sites, looking for difinitive info on selling a handgun in Missouri. To the best of my knowledge, I can sell to any person, 21 or older, that I do not know to have a felony record. For my own peace of mind, I think I'll get a copy of his/her drivers license, and write up a bill of sale. Any other info, tips that might be useful? (BTW, its a Ruger P95 with 3 factory mags, Hogue slip on grip and a 33 rd mag also that I'm "Thinking" of selling!

Thanks for any info!

Get the transaction notarized & get the individual to present a police BG check for your records if you want to cover your patoot but that is not the LEGALITY of it, just what I would do to keep it from coming back & haunting me.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

How do you notarize a transaction? Or do you mean have the buyer's signature notarized?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Actually, handgun POSSESSION in Missouri is 18 (as per federal law, no state possession age), federal 21 year old law only applies to FFL dealer sales. And yes there is no paper work requirement for sales between individuals, do what you feel necessary to cover your @.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    How do you notarize a transaction? Or do you mean have the buyer's signature notarized?
    Have a notary witness. Then you have someone authorized to certifiably state they witnessed a transaction, place their seal, & give you documentation that would hold up in court if the weapon is called into question for a crime after it has left your possession..
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Sponsored Links