Boy Scout Leader Jailed for Bullet in Fanny Pack

This is a discussion on Boy Scout Leader Jailed for Bullet in Fanny Pack within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Boy Scout Leader Jailed for Bullet in Fanny Pack Originally Posted by CBS St.Louis.com A Missouri man is home after spending four days in a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Boy Scout Leader Jailed for Bullet in Fanny Pack

Quote Originally Posted by CBS St.Louis.com
    A Missouri man is home after spending four days in a jail in the Bahamas because airport security found a bullet in his fanny pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBS St.Louis.com
    It’s unclear how the bullet was not detected by security at Kansas City International Airport and in Nassau.
    My wife was wondering too how TSA missed the bullet at KCI airport.

I told her because TSA was too busy groping and feeling up all the cute women headed for the Bahamas, and not looking at the X-ray machine.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

Probably has taught several hundred young scouts how to shoot safely!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

When you hire minimum wage robots, you don't get intelligence and the ability to use discretion.

If it was a box of ammo, or several loaded magazines in the pack is one thing, but a single .32 cal bullet hiding the the corner fold at the bottom of a pack, most people would assume it was just over looked at home, retrieve it, dispose of it, and let the guy be on his way.

But, we live in a world of idiots and sometimes the idiots bite.
    640girl and Tzadik like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    They must've thought he could throw that bullet really fast and hard...Stupidity, never ceases to amaze me. Thats as bad a kids being suspended/expelled from school for drawing a picture of a gun. "Zero tolerance" means zero common sense in my book.

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    When you hire minimum wage robots, you don't get intelligence and the ability to use discretion.

If it was a box of ammo, or several loaded magazines in the pack is one thing, but a single .32 cal bullet hiding the the corner fold at the bottom of a pack, most people would assume it was just over looked at home, retrieve it, dispose of it, and let the guy be on his way.

But, we live in a world of idiots and sometimes the idiots bite.
    At least they let him go. Imagine it was a hollow point and he was in Jersey.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    At least they let him go. Imagine it was a hollow point and he was in Jersey.
    Oh my gawwwd... I shudder to think! He'd be thrown in a dungeon and left to rot until he was an old man if it happened in Jersey! They are a bunch of pin-heads in Jersey.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

VIP Member
    "His ordeal began last Friday when airport security in Freeport, Bahamas found a .32-caliber bullet inside his fanny pack. He was charged with possessing ammunition and sent to a jail in Nassau. Lapp says he thinks he left the bullet in his pack after a hunting trip."

.32ACP or .32Win? The former is easier to miss and the latter is more likely to be taken on a hunting trip.

Either way, this is why I thoroughly check all my luggage before a trip.

If this had happened in Mexico he'd still be there.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Gee, I will definitely feel safer, if I ever go to the Bahamas, knowing how thorough they are.

Common sense has left the planet.
    bmcgilvray and Stubborn like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

The terrorists have won. Panic is still well embedded from 9/11 until now and the stories will continue I'm sure.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I was at the shooting range a day before I took a flight to Canada,as I was checking in at registration I reached in my change pocket for something and discovered a round of 223 I had put in my pocket.Counter lady called LEO he showed up I explained situation and even showed him my CHL ,he said I'm gonna have to confiscate the cartridge and I said no problem thanks.I am just glad it wasn't at the TSA screening area.I learned that whenever I fly I will physically lay anything going in my pockets out in plain sight and not just transfer from one pair of pants to another without looking
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Range/hunting bags, travel bags, keep them separate.
    Cattus Vir likes this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    As stated here: unless it's checked luggage I keep everything separate.

Stuff happens...when idiots are in charge!
    At least charges were dropped...after an attorney made some money.$$$$$
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Check the soles of your shoes too...I've found rounds of ammo embedded in my shoe's treads.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

One time thru JFK the TSA asked me to unload the magazine even thought the airlines website said it was ok. I unloaded the mag and placed the rounds into a box of ammo that I packed for the trip. As I lifed the suitcase and handed it off to TSA there was a round left on the table. I looked at the same time as the Port Authority officer looked at it. I picked it up and ask him if he could dispose of the round. He said no problem. Not worth getting suit case back for one round.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links