SHOCKING VIDEO - CCW holder threatened / expletive filled rant - dash cam

This is a discussion on SHOCKING VIDEO - CCW holder threatened / expletive filled rant - dash cam within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is insane. This guy did nothing wrong, tried to inform twice (Ohio law requires you to inform the officer you are carrying "promptly") and ...

Thread: SHOCKING VIDEO - CCW holder threatened / expletive filled rant - dash cam

This is insane. This guy did nothing wrong, tried to inform twice (Ohio law requires you to inform the officer you are carrying "promptly") and was once told to shut up, second time he was cut off. I don't think they asked for consent to search the back seat, the driver wasn't even approached until like 5 minutes in.

They arrested him for failure to inform, which is a misdemeanor in Ohio. The cop goes on a crazy rant all captured on his dash cam.

Let's make this go viral...

Canton PD Notification Arrest & Officer Conduct
    I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
    Owner of http://www.kylesgunshop.com/ (now taking orders on ammo, guns coming soon!)

Well, I did not need to watch the whole thing to come to the conclusion that the officer needs a class on deportment/professionalism and maybe go through some anger management treatment. Now, I did not hear the driver (ccw holder) try to inform the officer when he was approached, maybe I missed something. It wasn't until he was told to get out of the car that he informed the officer that he had a gun/permit.

My first impression was that these two guys gave a reason to the cops to follow them. Maybe they were in the wrong side of town driving slowly or suspiciously, then they pulled up to check out the "lady of the night" and the cops took advantage of the situation to check them out.

I really don't know why the cops ignored the driver for so long. Oh well, they are the "pros" and I wasn't there. I hope nothing much happened in the end. The good thing is that no one got shot, at least in the little I watched of this video.

BTW, welcome to the forum!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Links