S&W governor revolver - Page 2

S&W governor revolver

This is a discussion on S&W governor revolver within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by bmcgilvray Hi mj40p; Our place is pretty snake infested: water moccasins, rattlesnakes, and copperheads. I always have managed to turn the poisonous ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: S&W governor revolver

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Hi mj40p;

Our place is pretty snake infested: water moccasins, rattlesnakes, and copperheads. I always have managed to turn the poisonous ones into good snakes with .22s, .32-20s, and .38 Specials. Last snake shot was a water moccasin that the dog rounded up. Shot it with a .22 target rifle that was the handiest at the moment. Actually most often use a rock, limb, or shovel and even the lawnmower.

i like the lawnmower idea. a good snake is a fertilizer snake!

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    In addition to the astute post above, I cannot think of a situation, outside of fun, that I would prefer a .410 round over a .45 Colt.
    I can. Snakes. I have a .410 shotgun that I use quite a bit for snakes around the house. A pistol might be a little better in that I could carry it with me, rather than having to go back to the house to get the .410. I've even had them little rascals get in the dog pen and in the time it took me to run back inside, load the gun, and run back out, it could have easily bitten my dog. Luckily he was smart enough to hide in the corner behind his house. The Governor, or even the judge, would have been VERY helpful in that situation. Solid projectiles CAN kill a snake, but I'd rather not chance it. Much easier with a shotgun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links