Physical with Questionaire

This is a discussion on Physical with Questionaire within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; OK, got the blood work results back today. If I don't get my cholesterol and triglycerides under control, I won't have to worry about the ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Physical with Questionaire

OK, got the blood work results back today. If I don't get my cholesterol and triglycerides under control, I won't have to worry about the infamous gun question, I'll be pushing up daisies. Hi-ho, hi-ho, back to the gym I go.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    hmmmm.....I bought a gun and the 4473 form had a question "Do you have a Doctor?"

seriously, its most likely for them to use in diagnosis-lead levels in your body, hearing loss, etc

BUT.....if these forms are put into your medical computer records at your Dr's office (which they are), then under the health care laws plans, these medical records would be shared country-wide and you know who would have a nice big checklist of gun owners.....and to me thats 100% Bovine Excrement

I have yet to see that question on any paperwork for me or any of the family, but come to think of it....for quite awhile the only time I saw a Dr was in the ER and if it wasn't for car wreck or food poisoning all I got asked was "how did you do that?"
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by canav844 View Post
    So how do you bring up, "I want you to add lead levels to my blood test so I can see where they're at" "why" "I'm curious" Not a single doc (and I've been to several) thus far has been willing to check that box for me when I say curious, so I'm still not monitoring a potentially serious health risk at any quantitative level, regardless of my willingness to get an extra vile of blood drawn.

As far as I'm concerned, past a select few that do not include the doctor the answer is a firm no, and when it comes to the doctor it is entirely because of insurance concerns.
    Again take my tract; LIE, LIE, LIE; "When I was younger I worked in a factory that utilized lead in several products (solder, castings etc) and I have heard lead does not leave the body naturally and I need to know if it is a problem".

VIP Member
    hey F350.....FYI tried to send you a PM, says your box is full
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Leave it blank and if someone asks tell them to kiss your butt, it is none of their business. That question has no business on a medical questionnaire. Did they ask if you drive a car, swim, shovel snow, mow grass, hike in the woods, walk in the ghetto, own a boat, work for a living? Any of those things will likely kill you long before owning a gun will.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

N/A or lie is what I would do.

I've never had the question come up, but if it did, I would just answer it truthfully. Anybody who wants to spend forty five seconds searching my state's database will find that I have a handgun permit. Most people who have a permit have a gun also.

I circled the question, drew a line to the margin where I have room to write, and put "I have something far more dangerous. I have a car!"
    (I also entered "Centrum for Geezers" in my list of current medications.)
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links