Physical with Questionaire

This is a discussion on Physical with Questionaire within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It's that time of year again, I'm getting a physical tomorrow. I have the usual form for medical history to fill out. I've posted on ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Physical with Questionaire

Physical with Questionaire

It's that time of year again, I'm getting a physical tomorrow. I have the usual form for medical history to fill out. I've posted on this before, but the question asking if I have a firearm in the house I left unanswered this time. I'm going to seeif the Doc asks me why I left it unanswered. I'll post again if a discussion on the matter takes place.

2. Remove Ads

That seems to become more prevalent in medical situations. I dont like it at all.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I would just say no, unless you go hunting. In the end, why do they want to know? Unless you have a history of some type of injury that would be aggravated by hobbies, which is something a person reading a physical form would know, it doesn't matter.

Actually, just say no. They have no need to know. I'm not aware of any law that you would be violating. At least you wouldn't be doing anything illegal in Wisconsin anyways.

I would agree with saying no, none of their business. Personally I would talk to the doctor the first time it was asked and probably look for a new doctor. Fortunately it is highly unlikely that such a question would be asked up here. My doctor is an elk hunter.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Ask if that includes RPGs or Stinger missiles. That should determine his true interests.

Quote Originally Posted by MP45Man View Post
    It's that time of year again, I'm getting a physical tomorrow. I have the usual form for medical history to fill out. I've posted on this before, but the question asking if I have a firearm in the house I left unanswered this time. I'm going to seeif the Doc asks me why I left it unanswered. I'll post again if a discussion on the matter takes place.
    I think they're just routine health assessment quesions. Once a year for the past dozen or so years, I fill out a form at my doctor's office with questions like smoking, motorcycle use, seat belt use and, yes, gun presence in the home. I've always answered them and see nothing sinister. HOWEVER, what Homeland Security does with it, should they access your file with the new computerized record systems is unclear.

Maybe routine back there, I have never been asked such questions other than smoking.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Administrator
    "the question" comes from a standard questionnaire from the AMA. It really doesn't reflect much on your individual doctor, other than he probably doesn't put much thought into his own questionnaires.
    "Just blame Sixto"

It's non of his business.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

VIP Member
    The only question about firearms by my doctor is what have you bought lately.
    BugDude likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Lead Moderator
    the question asking if I have a firearm in the house I left unanswered this time.
    "N/A" has always worked for me!
    jem102 likes this.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

What about hatchets, axes, pitchforks, chainsaws, machetes, arrows, a kitchen full of knives and a tackle box full of rusty ole fish hooks?
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Florida recently has had a new law up for a vote that says doctors can no longer ask this question. I believe it passed. Since I'm going to the doctors soon I will find out!
    Question Everything!

VIP Member
    I answer YES. Why should I act ashamed of it? It is of course none of their business, and just leaving the space blank and saying so is OK, but heck, I'm proud that I'm someone who took the time and made the effort, and passed the background checks to get my CHL.

So, I'll answer YES. No one is coming to my door to take it away for heavens sake. On the list of things to worry about, that is down there way below slipping in the shower.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    Florida recently has had a new law up for a vote that says doctors can no longer ask this question. I believe it passed. Since I'm going to the doctors soon I will find out!
    Would that not be an infringement on the doc's free speech?

S/he can ask, you can decline to answer or decide to answer untruthfully if that is your choice. You are also free to find another doc. What's the big deal? Its not like you are signing something under oath.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links