I succumbed to the Ugliness...

This is a discussion on I succumbed to the Ugliness... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I left for the gun show this morning not knowing what I wanted and thinking to myself, "I'll handle different guns and make a decision ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: I succumbed to the Ugliness...

I left for the gun show this morning not knowing what I wanted and thinking to myself, "I'll handle different guns and make a decision there". I proved my own thinking wrong as I walked around the 800 tables liking every weapon I touched.
    I found only one vender that had something I had been eyeing for some time online. But never had a chance to handle. I picked it up and it felt so good in my hand. I wanted it. My wife liked the feel too. So, I bought it.

I never thought I would end up with the 6 inch barrel but this thing felt so balanced and the weight just right. My buddy pointed out I could put a red dot on the top rail but I am not a huge fan of scoped pistols so we shall see on that.

My initial report is the trigger is very very smooth in a double action. Single action fire is crisp and nice. I am meeting a friend at the range tomorrow and will give a full report after that. The youtube videos on the smaller ones look great. We shall see about the bigger ones tomorrow.
    PS..... THIS IS AN INTERESTING HOLSTER:
    Justified and mr.stuart like this.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Congrats on your new addition.

I've never seen anything like this before...not that I'm a connoisseur or anything like that...

I'll be looking forward to the review. :-)

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Uhhhh... what is it?
    UPDATE: A google search of it shows me some interesting stuff. I am also looking forard to the review!
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

VIP Member
    When I saw ugly in the thread title I thought it was going to be a Glock thread, but seriously I have seen a few write-ups on the Rhino and it will be interesting to hear a range report. I am especially interested how the recoil compares to a S&W or Colt revolver.
    blizzard and 640girl like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I initially thought... Another Glock thread, but now I'm interested. I've been waiting for the Rhino review, nice looking piece of hardware.
    swiftyjuan likes this.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    That is one weird, but cool looking modern revolver. I can't wait for the review!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Looking forward to the range report.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

I at first thought Glock too! Man that gun would have to be one great shooter to overcome it's looks!
    Question Everything!

I'm interested in hearing and seeing more of the Chiappa Rhino. I'm not sold yet but the concept intrigues me. I'll be looking forward to further report from you.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Yep.... thought it was about a Glock. You fooled me; thank you. I have been very interested in those- I have a thing for .357s, and I like strange/ugly guns.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

That was a pure and unintentionally misleading title I swear. :) Didn't mean to make you think it was a glock, but it worked out good I guess.

I apologize for not putting the name of the gun in the post. As stated, its the Chiappa Rhino, 6" barrel. They also make a 5", 4", and 2" snubby (.357)

Heading to wally world to get some food for it. .357 and .38.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianator View Post
    That was a pure and unintentionally misleading title I swear. :) Didn't mean to make you think it was a glock, but it worked out good I guess.

I apologize for not putting the name of the gun in the post. As stated, its the Chiappa Rhino, 6" barrel. They also make a 5", 4", and 2" snubby (.357)

Heading to wally world to get some food for it. .357 and .38.
    That's ok, we all know what it is! Let us know how it shoots!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find the Rhino to be ugly. I like how it looks.

My only question about me getting one is the actual mechanics. It has the look for a cool revolver, but I worry that it may have the reliability of a new semi-auto.
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

Are those functional rails on it? I havent seen any other pics btw but im confused. Looks cool tho. If it gets good reviews i would consider it.

Interesting.......don't forget the pics with your range report.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links