Kahr CW45 My Take:

This is a discussion on Kahr CW45 My Take: within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well I took a hundred rounds of the cheapest nastiest FMJ I could find, $16 a box 235 grain, and headed for the range today. ...

Thread: Kahr CW45 My Take:

Kahr CW45 My Take:

Well I took a hundred rounds of the cheapest nastiest FMJ I could find, $16 a box 235 grain, and headed for the range today. I am sorry that I forgot my camera but trust me when I say my shooting with the new gun was not exceptional. I had zero feed, fire or ejection issues with the Kahr today. I have decided I do not like the sights but will give myself a few more range trips before I decide if I am going to change them.

The gun itself feels great fires smoothly even under rapid fire but low and left for me. I shot from 3,5,7,15 and 25 yards and had about a 16 inch group after it was all said and done. I did kneeling, standing from 15 and prone and standing from 25; the basic 50 round qualifying course.

It will not replace my EDC SA XDsc but I do feel like it is a gun I could trust in the future with more range time.
    I guess I should mention the reason I used the cheapest ammo I could find was to test the weapon itself. I have cleaned it and loaded it with Magtech JHP 235 grain which I feel is a pretty dependable ammo.

Over all I enjoyed shooting the 45 though I am on the fence with the (I think they are called ) Novack sights. It has a very manageable kick even at its light weight.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    shooting low/left it pretty common for those new to Kahr, or other long DA triggers, at first. I did the same with my CW9 for a hundred or so rounds, until I shot enough and dry fired enough (wall drill) to get familiar with the trigger. You'll get adjusted. As for the sights.... I don't like the "bar-dot" sights either, and installed the trijicon 3 dot night sights as soon as they were available for the CW series.

surv

VIP Member
    I'm going to swap up to trijicons on my PM9 as well.

I find the Kahr trigger sufficient for very accurate shooting, but I can't double-tap or fire rapidly/accurately like I can with a Glock or 1911.

Keep putting them down range and those groups will tighten up. That trigger just takes a lot of practice time to gain proficiency. What I want to know is how did your shooting hand feel after 100 rounds through that cheese grater?

Quote Originally Posted by D-DAY View Post
    Keep putting them down range and those groups will tighten up. That trigger just takes a lot of practice time to gain proficiency. What I want to know is how did your shooting hand feel after 100 rounds through that cheese grater?
    My hand felt fine. I even shot 200 rounds through my EDC and a box through my Duty Sig.

VIP Member
    The only thing I have found that my CW45 doesn't like is TulAmmo. It absolutely refused to function with the steel case. As for accuracy, the gun is not designed to be a tack driving range gun, it's purpose is a concealable self defense weapon. For that purpose it works very well.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    The only thing I have found that my CW45 doesn't like is TulAmmo. It absolutely refused to function with the steel case. As for accuracy, the gun is not designed to be a tack driving range gun, it's purpose is a concealable self defense weapon. For that purpose it works very well.
    This I did not know, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Sorry about being late to the thread...

I ran a couple boxes of TulAmmo thru mine with no problem what-so-ever, so I would seriously question the absolute-ness of your claim. I have found that it carries quite well for me being a lefty and not having to worry about saftey/dexterity issues.

Links