Happiness with a new G26

This is a discussion on Happiness with a new G26 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Dennis1209 I like mine, especially for summer carry. But, you just can't beat a quality 1911. Um, yes you CAN. If you ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Happiness with a new G26

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    I like mine, especially for summer carry. But, you just can't beat a quality 1911.
    Um, yes you CAN. If you remove emotional attachment to an inanimate object and just see them as a TOOL for getting a serious job done. I'm sure you've heard the quote, "1911s are what you show your friends...Glocks are what you show your enemies..."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
    Well, $20 is a good deal. I've know gunsmiths to charge much more. Good thing with the XS sights is they come with a delrin (fancy plastic) drift tool for the rear sights. No chance of marring the slide unless someone is so retarded as to actually bash the slide directly with the hammer. Even then, it doesn't take much force at all to drift off the rear plastic sight. I didn't even use a vice and just hung the back off my wooden work bench and tapped it off.

What kind of sights? Are they actually from Trijicon? Trijicon farms their lamps out to other manufacturers...
    Doesn't matter. You'll still get a gunsmith to slip and rake a gouge in your gun. Pinch pins are not easy. If the guy hasn't been so good to me in the past (instant service, free repairs, etc). I'd have been more pissed.

cmb
    "I have Galco, Serpa, DeSantis, Kydex, but my favorite IWB, the one I carry several guns with, the ones I've used EDC for 4 years now, the one I find most comfortable, adjustable, and concealable......costs $10. I have one for every gun and doubles for ones I carry a lot. Ace Case. By far, the best bargain in holsters."

Kudos Yankeejib I have been saying this for a while, I have several of these also and they have held up great for me too!
    "The greatest pride is to think you are humnble enough." CS Lewis

"Woe to those who call evil, good and good, evil." Isaiah 5.20

"Sin is a disguised form of insanity." Al Mohler

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Doesn't matter. You'll still get a gunsmith to slip and rake a gouge in your gun. Pinch pins are not easy. If the guy hasn't been so good to me in the past (instant service, free repairs, etc). I'd have been more pissed.

Well, that guy's an idiot. He could have easily blended that mark out. Besides, who the heck was talking about punch/roll pins anyway? We were discussing the drifting of rear sights.

I was at a gun show last month trying to decide between a used 26 and a used 19. I took the plunge and bought 'em both. The only downside to that is that I need to focus on one of them to get more comfortable with instead of going back and forth. I am thinking about a 30SF that is a bit smaller than the 19 but a little bit wider.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links