Defensive Carry banner

Happiness with a new G26

3K views 34 replies 19 participants last post by  Skeeter64 
#1 ·
Finally got myself a G26 after having a G19 for the last 17 years. I figured that since my daily attire these days is cargo shorts (cargo pants in the winter), I can step up from my Kahr PM9. Realized there was PLENTY of room in the front pocket when I dropped my G19 in just to see if it would fit. So, the G26 with a proper pocket holster was acquired. I feel much better with the increased capacity and two 15rd G19 spare mags on the left side. The extra weight isn't a factor as I barely notice it. The PM9 was a good pistol, but she'll be riding the safe mostly these days. I purchased it new in 2004 and it's been reliable so, obviously, I will never sell or trade it off. Just thought I'd post as you never see stories about someone going from a PM9 to a G26 for daily pocket carry...at least I never have... :bier:

#3 ·
If you're only to carry it IWB/OWB...or not at all...I'd suggest getting a G19 first. The great thing is if/when you get a G26, all the holsters and magazines for the G19 will fit the G26. Even the 33rd magazines. Looks strange, but it works flawlessly!

#5 ·
I've always wanted one, but really couldn't justify spending the money because it's not really *that* much smaller than a G19 in the slide/grip lengths..same thickness, too... And, I predominately carried IWB all those years, so there's no advantage to a G26 over a G19, which I already had. I don't know what possessed me, as I was standing in front of my safe one day, to try throwing the G19 into a pocket. It worked very well, but was just a little bit too tall, although still totally concealed. That when I knew the slightly shorter G26 would be perfect and the PM9 went on the shelf. Again, this is ONLY because I can wear what I want and choose cargo shorts/pants 100% of the time. This wouldn't work in business attire which is, quite thankfully, never needed or wanted again...

#12 ·
The G26 is a fine pistol! I bought one a while back and I really like it. It is on my EDC rotation of .38, 9mm and .45. I paid too much for mine but I am still well pleased and would do the deal again. $ well spent.

#13 ·
Congrats!!! Love my G26. I am always window shopping for a 27 or a 30 but the 26 is so great it is hard to justify unless I get a sweet deal.

#18 ·
Good choice.Very accurate gun,very tough gun.

#23 ·
I have Galco, Serpa, DeSantis, Kydex, but my favorite IWB, the one I carry several guns with, the ones I've used EDC for 4 years now, the one I find most comfortable, adjustable, and concealable......costs $10. I have one for every gun and doubles for ones I carry a lot. Ace Case. By far, the best bargain in holsters.

My G23. I've run a few stitches through it to seal the trigger pocket and limit seating.

G26 with CT Laserguard

SP101

Reactions: cmb
#21 ·
Well Done on your new 26. I don't own the 9mm series. I do own the 27,23,22 though, and have the 9mm conversions for all of them. Essentially making them 26,19,17. I love em.

#25 ·
I like my Glock 26 Best the 19 and 21 are great but, the 26 can fit when you need small. A sleeved 19 mag. gives me a mid size. And my sleeved 17 mag. gives me a total hand full of ammo. If I put a 33 round mag in, look out ammo budget.

#27 ·
I have always been a fan of the Baby Glocks, but I still haven't had the chance to shoot one or find one at a good price. I have shot a Glock 17 and a Glock 19 and they are awesome.

#29 ·
AAA+++ like all the Glock 9mm's

I have the +2 Pearce extension grip that essentially makes the grip the same size as the G19. I personally think pocket carrying a G26 is a little hard, however I'm sure with the right attire and the will to carry it is easily doable. I some times carry my G17 concealed.

#33 ·
"I have Galco, Serpa, DeSantis, Kydex, but my favorite IWB, the one I carry several guns with, the ones I've used EDC for 4 years now, the one I find most comfortable, adjustable, and concealable......costs $10. I have one for every gun and doubles for ones I carry a lot. Ace Case. By far, the best bargain in holsters."

Kudos Yankeejib I have been saying this for a while, I have several of these also and they have held up great for me too!

#35 ·
I was at a gun show last month trying to decide between a used 26 and a used 19. I took the plunge and bought 'em both. The only downside to that is that I need to focus on one of them to get more comfortable with instead of going back and forth. I am thinking about a 30SF that is a bit smaller than the 19 but a little bit wider.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.