Browning Buckmark for $220

This is a discussion on Browning Buckmark for $220 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was in my local gunshop today and he has a "used" (although it looks like it has never been out of the box) Browning ...

Thread: Browning Buckmark for $220

Browning Buckmark for $220

I was in my local gunshop today and he has a "used" (although it looks like it has never been out of the box) Browning Buckmark .22lr with 4" bbl for $220. It has the original hard case and books, but only 1 magazine. I'm in the market for a .22 pistol, but wanted a longer barrel Ruger that I could put a scope on. Is this too good a deal to pass up? It felt great in hand, and the price seems great for the outstanding condition. He has over $300 on the tag, but says the offer stands if I want it. What do you think? Hold off for a used Ruger to come in or jump on the Browning?
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    ....price isn't great, I managed to snag a 5.5" Pro Target for $185 and that was from a Gander Mt, granted that was a couple years ago.... It's not a bad price, but not what I'd call a steal.

Seems like a good deal. They only come with one mag when new, be prepared for sticker shock when you buy more.

I have a similar Buckmark, and it's a good little gun. It feels great in my hand, and it shoots well. I like it better than my Ruger 22/45 MKIII, but I like my Ruger 22/45 MKII the best (by far).

Buy it, it's a good deal and I'm sure you'll like it, but you can always sell it for about the same if you change your mind. And if you see a good price on a Ruger 22/45 MKII, buy it too. ;)

IF you have ever handled both the Buckmark is WAYYYY easier to clean IMO and they are hella accurate in all the ones I have shot. I would personally say go for it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I used to have the exact same gun, 4" and all. It was the most deadly accurate gun I've ever owned. Almost no recoil. I actually traded it in on a Walther P22 at Cabella's. They actually gave me around $250 trade-in price, but mine was basically like new with the case and had an extra magazine too. I thought I wouldn't need the Buckmark after I bought the Walther. But it turns out the Walther P22 is not nearly as accurate as the Buckmark. Now I wish I'd kept it. Oh well.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

It's been in the shop a while, so I'll check back with him in a week or so and see if I can get him down to $200.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Good eye Bugdude. Hope nobody snatches it up before you can talk him down to $200. I think I would even go $220 on it. Good luck. Hope you snag it.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Buds cheapest Buckmark is 314 bucks, so yea its a good deal. I love mine.
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

I've been looking for a Buckmark--that is a good price...I'd jump on it
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    I love mine as well. The wife bought it for me as a Christmas present about 20 years ago. Many thousands of rounds through this gun. The grandson loves to shoot this 22 every time he comes to visit. Browning customer service is great as well when ordering any extra parts. Buy it!
    SCGunLover1

Links