Rusty Grip Screws

Rusty Grip Screws

This is a discussion on Rusty Grip Screws within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just bought a Springfield Micro Compact 1911 this year. I live in Missouri, so its pretty hot. The finish of the gun has held ...

Thread: Rusty Grip Screws

Rusty Grip Screws

I just bought a Springfield Micro Compact 1911 this year. I live in Missouri, so its pretty hot. The finish of the gun has held up pretty well with me sweating all over it (I carry it in a Galco Supertuck) but the black anodized grip screws are showing some corrosion. I even put a dab of oil on them about once a week and they still corrode.

Does anyone know where I can get stainless steel grip screws? Maybe black chrome? There is nothing shiny on the gun at all, so the black chrome would be great.

Thanks
    Steve

Try brownells.com. They carry any kind of grip screw you could want, even engraved, and they're close to you in southern Iowa.
    BigRay

Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Springfield Trophy Match, Sig Sauer P220R SAO, Glock 35 with Heinie Slant Pro sights, Springfield Armory XDs 45, S&W Model 29 Mountain Gun, PTR-91F in 7.62mm NATO, Springfield M1A1, Sig 556 Patrol Rifle and Benelli M2 with 10-round magazine

Nake sure you get the stainless steel bushings too otherwise you will get corrosion you don't see
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sponsored Links