Problems with Sig (only)

This is a discussion on Problems with Sig (only) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Don't make so much of it, and don't put off the inevitable. GET THE GLOCK! Nothing wrong with buying a gun she can shoot well ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Problems with Sig (only)

Don't make so much of it, and don't put off the inevitable. GET THE GLOCK! Nothing wrong with buying a gun she can shoot well with.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Sounds like a few possibles from a lifelong sig fan. 1:Promag Mags, sigs hate them 2:Over oiling the slide single drop of oil after wipe down on each slide rail 3:recoil spring is wearing out happens to any gun 4:combo of 1-3 5:weak ammo, It just doesn't have enough to properly cycle the weapon

I discount limp wristing here because I've never seen limp wristing cause malfunctions on a sig, not that it couldn't happen
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Thank you to everyone for the suggestions, When it comes down to it, I am going to let me wife make her own decision and I know that if I push too hard in any one direction, she will go the exact opposite to because I pushed.

This thread came to mind on Saturday when I stopped in at a local gun and ammo store that I had seen advertised. When I was talking to the clerk and discussing our goals and multiple priorities (home defense as well as carry for both of us), he kept insisting that for home we need a 20ga shotgun. The problem with that is that my wife works at home and I know that a long gun would likely stay in the bedroom while a handgun would be more likely to be on her to be available if it should be needed. The next suggestion was, and I quote, "for females we recommend revolvers". While there are definite advantages to them, e.g. can be fired when up close such as in direct contact with an assailant, and will tolerate being left in a drawer without use and cleaning, the comment struck me as both sexist and ignorant. At the same time, they had new a Glock 22 - gen 4 that I thought she might like. The extra springs, narrower (front-back) grip, and redesigned magazine release all seemed like good improvements that she would find beneficial.

The current plan is to try a couple of the different Glocks that the range rents on our next few visits..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links