Beretta 84 Clone?

This is a discussion on Beretta 84 Clone? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Does anyone know if the Taurus PT-58 S .380 is basically a clone of the Beretta 84? I need to know if it is very ...

Thread: Beretta 84 Clone?

Question Beretta 84 Clone?

Does anyone know if the Taurus PT-58 S .380 is basically a clone of the Beretta 84? I need to know if it is very similar because I own one I got years ago for my wife and now I may want to get a half way decent conceal carry OWB fitted holster for it. I know the Taurus 92/99 is very similar to the Beretta 92 and I'm hoping that the same MAY hold true for the above mentioned guns if I'm lucky. I wasn't sure if I should ask this question here or in the holster sub-forum...so I deciced to start here. Thanks, David.
    GUNS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM....TOO MANY DUMB LIBERAL SHEEP IS THE PROBLEM.

2. Remove Ads

No, the Taurus has a thicker and bulkier slide. Not close enough for a well-fitted holster to match.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

[
    QUOTE=Superhouse 15;1993573]No, the Taurus has a thicker and bulkier slide. Not close enough for a well-fitted holster to match.[/QUOTE]

OK,Thanks for the info. I may also have heard at one time either a Beretta 80 and/or a Walther p-99 may be very similar to the Taurus PT-58. Does anyone have any knowledge regarding this or if there is any possible clone? Thanks for the help, David.
    GUNS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM....TOO MANY DUMB LIBERAL SHEEP IS THE PROBLEM.

Links