The long, hot summer

This is a discussion on The long, hot summer within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yes sir it is hot down here in Marshall,Tx. I just got out of my Jeep.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The long, hot summer

Yes sir it is hot down here in Marshall,Tx. I just got out of my Jeep..

2. Remove Ads

My wife works in Marshall but she's in New Orleans visiting relatives until next week. She sent me a message yesterday about how much cooler it was there at 92. It's sad when temps in the 90's are considered "cool"!
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Senior Moderator
    Its 112 right here right now. I dont remember every seeing it that hot here.

The cows have been standing in the pond, almost submerged for quite some time and they dont seem too eager to get out.

They have it figured out.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Just watched the weather man and it's "officially" 108 at 6:30 but my yard reads 110. I guess I should be thankful it's partly cloudy since it breaks up the sun a bit but it's still TOO HOT!
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

The last two times my young associate and I shot Tuesday Night Steel the ambient temp was around 105 when we got started. You sweat, stay hydrated, and stay focused... and hope the sweat stays out of your eyes when you're in the middle of a stage!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

You guys really need to get Al Gore to go back home!

Latest update: At 2:30 PM it's 115 and the heat of the day doesn't really set in until after 5 o'clock.

At times like this it's best to sit back, have something cool to drink and do a little inner reflection in front of the A/C... When my time comes and I pass from this world, I hope I wind up in a better place. If my next location turns out to be Hell OTOH, when the devil comes to greet me I can now say no thanks, I've already been there!

Been in the 90's - 100 and very humid here for weeks. Went to the range last week and I wear a bandanna to keep the sweat out of my eyes while shooting. Man that barrel gets hot.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links