Dpms rfa3oc pthr orc 16 223

This is a discussion on Dpms rfa3oc pthr orc 16 223 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Any thoughts on this rifle? Since my new safe is here and I have been convinced I need a decent rifle before I buy more ...

Thread: Dpms rfa3oc pthr orc 16 223

Question Dpms rfa3oc pthr orc 16 223

Any thoughts on this rifle? Since my new safe is here and I have been convinced I need a decent rifle before I buy more hand guns, I need to learn more about them. I could ask what do you all think is a good starter rifle that I will play with forever but I am sure I would get 8000 different answers. So perhaps some of the more informed members can help me avoid expensive mistakes by telling me what to stay away from. Who are the not so good manufacturers, unnecessary attachments, sites, mags, etc.

I'm sure guys have seen this type of question before but that is the price of being informed I suppose
    Last edited by Justified; August 2nd, 2011 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Horrible Spelling Errors.....Yikes
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

2. Remove Ads

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    I can't speak directly to that particular rifle but, I have been very happy with my 308-AP4 which is the only DPMS firearm that I own. I have owned the rifle for nearly four years I bought it new and have not made any modifications.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Glad you like them. I want to jump right into a rifle but I dont want to waist my money. There are so many diffent things to consider, i.e. 7.62x39 vs 5.56
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

The search tool is your friend here. Look up 'AR15", "carbine", etc. Plenty of posts within the past 6 months on which to get, which to avoid, etc. A lot is driven by your budget, of course, and whether this is a hobby gun or a working defensive tool. "Buy cheap, buy twice" is good to keep in mind as you shop.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    The search tool is your friend here. Look up 'AR15", "carbine", etc. Plenty of posts within the past 6 months on which to get, which to avoid, etc. A lot is driven by your budget, of course, and whether this is a hobby gun or a working defensive tool. "Buy cheap, buy twice" is good to keep in mind as you shop.
    I am looking for under 600 on an AR and under 400 on an SK. Being new to these weapons I would look for ease of cleaning and maintenance, dependability, etc. This would be a double duty as in for fun and for defense.
    - George Orwell Military

Links