Defensive Carry banner

Virginia Carry and Alcohol

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Rob99VMI04 
#1 ·
I have tried the Handgun Law link and cannot get the real deal.

I KNOW that we can now carry concealed in a restaurant that serves adult beverages (IN VIRGINIA), but can a person doing so inbibe?

I thought that one was prohibited (and in reality, I don't believe that it is a good idea to mix alcohol and firearms), but the question remains...MAY we? Concealed or Open?

Thanks in advance,

~<:Sssssssssssssssnake/""

#2 ·
§ 18.2-308. Personal protection; carrying concealed weapons; when lawful to carry.

J3. No person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of any restaurant or club as defined in § 4.1-100 for which a license to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption has been granted by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board under Title 4.1 of the Code of Virginia may consume an alcoholic beverage while on the premises. A person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of such a restaurant or club and consumes alcoholic beverages is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor. However, nothing in this subsection shall apply to a federal, state, or local law-enforcement officer.

#3 ·
If CC'ing you cannot drink. To the best of my knowledge, if your OC'ing, there is no prohibition in the laws. Common sense would say not to.

Reactions: BugDude
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.