New Toy

This is a discussion on New Toy within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I was waiting to make sure this was fully processed before getting my hopes up bc of my sad 'out of stock' reply to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New Toy

Wink New Toy

So I was waiting to make sure this was fully processed before getting my hopes up bc of my sad 'out of stock' reply to my last AR sprot order. But this one was from Bud's so I am not worried.

Anywho, looky what is on the way to me now:

Ruger%20159102.jpg

It is listed as a Ruger Mini 14 Ranch SS with a black synthetic Tapco collapsible stock, stainless barrel and receiver, integral scope base, and wears a Tru Glo 3-9 scope mounted in factory rings. Includes 1 20 round magazine.

There might be something wrong with my eyes but it appears to have rails in the front on the bottom which I have not seen on this model.

Pretty excited!!
    Last edited by Justified; August 4th, 2011 at 11:37 AM. Reason: More info
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

2. Remove Ads

Enjoy!
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

VIP Member

Thumbs up

'Looks like a lot of fun.

Sweet!!! Congrats!
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

Thanks, now I have to find some reasonbly priced ammo, a case and cleaning supplies. Any thoughts? Esp. on ammo for practice and SD.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

This site was just posted elsewhere on DC, and looks like a good search engine for ammo prices (it did as well as I could searching the usual sources, and a lot faster, too):

AMMO SEEK
    Justified likes this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    This site was just posted elsewhere on DC, and looks like a good search engine for ammo prices (it did as well as I could searching the usual sources, and a lot faster, too):

AMMO SEEK
    Thanks
    - George Orwell Military

Sure, If it makes my life easier, I'm sure it will help someone else...
    It could be worse.
    John Adams

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Congrats enjoy it.

GM
    Very nice! I am sure you will have a lot of fun with it. Enjoy
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Just ordered a 30 round mag, boresnake, couple slings, and a couple boxes of ammo from Bud's.
    - George Orwell Military

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    Just ordered a 30 round mag, boresnake, couple slings, and a couple boxes of ammo from Bud's.
    It's funny how I never mention those accessories to my wife when I get a new gun, they just show up. Kinda like her yard ornaments that pop up here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    It's funny how I never mention those accessories to my wife when I get a new gun, they just show up. Kinda like her yard ornaments that pop up here and there.
    Yard ornaments make good plinking......
    WHEC724, Stubborn and thephanatik like this.
    - George Orwell Military

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Funny how that works, everytime I buy a new gun, UPS starts delivering boxes to the house for the next week or two. Quite a coincidence.
    C hawk Glock likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That's a sweet looking rifle. The extended mag will make it look even more ominous... Congrats on the new Ruger.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links