At the range: "Can I see your gun?"

This is a discussion on At the range: "Can I see your gun?" within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by e4dan Here's how gun sharing works on a good day... Some young buck comes in with his attractive date, and his biggest, ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: At the range: "Can I see your gun?"

Quote Originally Posted by e4dan View Post
    Here's how gun sharing works on a good day...

Some young buck comes in with his attractive date, and his biggest, baddest magnum beast. He's gonna teach her how to shoot. C'mon, I know you have all seen this! A few rounds later, she has had enough!

Now it's time to make introductions and uncase my heavy-barrelled Ruger MkII and a brick of .22LR. He stays in his lane, looking cool and making lots of noise. I spend the afternoon with his girl-friend!!!
    That's how you get shot.

#1 rule for survival is... never monkey with another monkeys, monkey.

Especially when that other monkey has a "magnum beast".
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Back to the original topic. I honestly have spent many a day meeting new people at the range and swapping pistols and shooting them. Met them once and never saw them again. I guess its just how it works at my old range, I actually got to fire a S&W500 because of a very nice fellow that my father and I struck up a conversation with about his revolver.
    I spent one range trip up in Nebraska teaching two guys from the ground up after seeing them first start.
    I guess since I've been at ranges since I was 6, and gotten used to meeting and sharing at them its second nature now.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

VIP Member
    Consider that my home (LA) county is expecting 13,000 felons from state pen early release.

18 U.S.C. § 2 (A) Aiding and abetting : Whoever commits an offense against the United States or aids, abets, counsels, commands, induces or procures its commission, is punishable as a principal.

Says that giving a gun to a felon exposes the giver to the same felonious status as the felon receiver.

Not chancing giving a gun to a stranger 'round here.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links