Sig Mosquito feed issue

This is a discussion on Sig Mosquito feed issue within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have read many blogs and shooting articles that say the only way to solve the feed issue on a Mosquito is to take a ...

Thread: Sig Mosquito feed issue

Sig Mosquito feed issue

I have read many blogs and shooting articles that say the only way to solve the feed issue on a Mosquito is to take a file to the feed ramp to get rid of the lip. I want some suggestions to try before taking a file to my pistol. I have tried about 9 different kinds of HV rounds and only one doesn't give me problems(CCI Stingers) so far. I would hate to mess up the feed ramp seeing as how you can't replace just the barrel on a Mosquito, the barrel is part of the grip and frame.

Matthew
    2nd Amendment, the one that protects the rest!

2. Remove Ads

Maybe seek Sig's customer service for advice on what to do?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I would use a dremel with polishing wheeland polishing compound to smooth up the feedramp,don't grind or file anything,if that don't work call Sig,you screw a gun up by filing or grinding and Sig will fix it,but you will pay for the repairs
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

This is why I bought the Walther, I was looking at the Sig as well but the people I talked to that owned the Sigs all said they could only get them to feed Stingers or Minimags. That is my understanding of what the gun was designed around and it doesn't like much else. Talked to several dealers as well they all confirmed this (some after a bit of careful questioning). Personally if you like the gun overall I'd just stick with the Stingers I wouldn't modify the gun. Might want to try the Minimags as well, they are a bit cheaper at least around here.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Bought a Firestorm 22lr and ran into issues with low weight and low velocity rounds. Was told to shoot a few thousand high velocity 40 grain rounds through it and it would eventually take the cheap stuff once broken in.

I know the good stuff costs more, buts it's 22lr, not 10mm. If the Sig shoots hotter rounds with no issues, I say shoot only the hotter rounds.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Well I found a decent fix for a cheap price, I bought one of those mock suppressors from tactical innovations and it solved it, the issue with the sig was not the feed ramp, it was the pressure forcing the slide back. More pressure = flawless cycling of the slide, at least for my sig.

Matthew
    2nd Amendment, the one that protects the rest!

Gunsmiths love folks who take files / Dremel tools to their guns. Keeps food on the table for them.

If you are not a gunsmith, call one, or call Sig. Mosquitos are notorious for feeding problems.
    Sui juris
    U.S. Navy Veteran '65-'69
    Retired Police Detective '71 - '01
    LEOSA Certified
    NRA Life Member / SAF Member
    U.S. Constitution (c) 1791, All Rights Reserved.

Links