S & W Governor

This is a discussion on S & W Governor within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Any opinions? I'm thinking this might be a good carry gun for my wife. Esp sense we live in rattle shame country. Maybe first chamber ...

Thread: S & W Governor

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar

S & W Governor

Any opinions? I'm thinking this might be a good carry gun for my wife. Esp sense we live in rattle shame country. Maybe first chamber with 410 bird shot. then load up from there? I know what you will likely say but snakes out here in the country are a bigger threat than BG's
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I have the Taurus Poly Public Defender.It is a fine gun but if I had it to do again,I would by the S&W.Be warned a lot of people here and elsewhere do not like or have faith in either gun.Some people say they are only good for snakes or critters,I know better.You shoot enough objects with 000 buck,up close,and you see what it can do.There are several options for ammo with these guns.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    The fun/interesting part of this forum is the variety of opinions. at least until you use a word the mod's don't like. then you get the consistent shot across the bow LOL.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Some love those guns, some hate them. I'm a hater, not a lover of them. I also don't live in an area where I feel the need to shoot snakes either. Up here they are not poisonous, and provide a great service to me. Rodent reduction.

I view those guns as a niche item. Either you have a place for them, or you don't.

Just read a review on them in Combat Handguns. Read it. I tend to think if I were to but one of these .45/410 guns it would be the Governor.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

If you feel a need for a snake repellent just get shotshells they make them in a variety of calibers.
    I hate the huge cylinder of those .410/.45 guns, think they are a monstrosity.
    They are an answer to a question that hasn't been asked.

Well, it shoots 45acp right? I mean as an SD gun how is it? 45 Colt isn't exactly a tiny round either.

VIP Member
    I'm not a hater on it, but to me, it's a jack of all trades gun, and master of none.

I keep a box of .38 shot shells in my desk for when I go out in the woods, but honestly my bush axe is usually the one that takes out the moccasin/copper head or rattler.

every thing I have read

says the governor is a lot better gun. 6 vs 5 rounds. stronger frame. can shoot 45 acp. rated higher pressure. more accurate. 2.5 inches at 25 yards with 45 acp.

6 round moon clips and 2 round moon clips.

steve

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    There is a review of this in this months ?? Guns and Ammo I THINK!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Links