Anyone own a VZ58?

This is a discussion on Anyone own a VZ58? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was checking out my local Pawn / Gun shop the other day and noticed the had a brand new VZ58 on the shelf for ...

Thread: Anyone own a VZ58?

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar

Anyone own a VZ58?

I was checking out my local Pawn / Gun shop the other day and noticed the had a brand new VZ58 on the shelf for $459. I thought it was an interresting AK variation. I handled it and it seemed very solid and light weight. Fit and finish were also nice. I did a little research and came to the conclusion that parts and spare magazines might be hard to come by. The only thing that turned me off were the terrible looking stocks. I am still considoring picking it up but I really would like some input from forum members that have experience with them.

2. Remove Ads

twc
    I was actually looking up prices on these a couple weeks ago. Prices around the net were around $700-$800 so for $459 I'd say that is a steal. From what I have read/heard its basically an upgraded ak47. The gun is lighter than an AK, mags are lighter than AK mags, and it shoots softer than an AK. Might take down quicker than an AK too but I'm not sure on that. I would look up some youtube reviews if I were you. If I found one for that price I would jump on it.

Great guns. Built with a milled receiver and still lighter than most AKs, better safety, and the bolt locks open on an empty mag. Thr only downside is that standard AK AK furniture, accessories, and magazines will not fit.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Ex Member
    Ever heard of ANY firearm the Cxech made that wasn't 100%? If you want a AK style weapon the price alone should be a decider.

Links