Handgun Stopping Power Article

This is a discussion on Handgun Stopping Power Article within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A friend of mine emails me the VCDL bulletin each week. This article was in the most recent bullentin. The article is entitled "An Alternate ...

Thread: Handgun Stopping Power Article

A friend of mine emails me the VCDL bulletin each week. This article was in the most recent bullentin. The article is entitled "An Alternate Look at Handgun Stopping Power"...I found it quite interesting so thought I would share with the forum. Moderators, please feel free to delete or lock if this has been posted before.

An Alternate Look at Handgun Stopping Power
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

This information has been posted before, but this presentation is much better with the visuals and graphs.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    I agree. Even though this isn't 'new' information, it is rather well laid out & is much easier to compare data than previous releases.

One thing the study tells me, wayyyy too many folks cheap out on their SD ammo by using ball-ammo...as far as the 9mm is concerned.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Shoot people in the brain, heart or spine with handguns and they stop. Miss those targets, and who knows.

Besides, service caliber pistol bullets are like the special olympics...even if you win, you are still "special". (Yes, that wasn't nice...sorry.) Even if it's the best .45 ACP/.357SIG/10mm round you can get...it's still not a centerfire rifle and never will be.

Handgun stopping power = proficiency.

Proficiency = relevent, realistic & recent training (Thank you, James Yeager, TacticalResponse.com)

Links