Moving from fl to ma

Moving from fl to ma

This is a discussion on Moving from fl to ma within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am moving from Florida to Massachusetts and would like some help. I will be applying for my ltc as soon as I get to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Moving from fl to ma

Moving from fl to ma

I am moving from Florida to Massachusetts and would like some help. I will be applying for my ltc as soon as I get to the state but I am unsure about a few things. I own a glock which I have learned that as long as I dont own any pre ban mag I am ok. In Massachusetts it is still considered a hi cap gun which requires an ltc-a. My questions are 1: what if I get denied for my ltc-a, will I have to get rid of my gun? 2: How should I word it on my application? Should I mention that I am moving to the state with a gun that requires me to have an ltc-a. From what I have read, I can move to the state with any guns that are not on the list of banned guns, the glock is not on that list, but I don't understand if they are required to give me an ltc-a in order to lawfully posses it in the state. Any suggestions other than " don't move to Massachusetts" would be a great help. Thanks!

Welcome to the DC Forum and good luck! I was going to offer you some advice, but then I read the last line of your thread.
    Stubborn and Secret Spuk like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Senior Moderator
    Good luck...you're gonna need it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

yeah MASS is pretty Anti 2nd Admendment and dont like people carrying sidearms...

You might want to move to NH instead.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Good luck with Mass.
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

Did you think this move over real well....... I mean real well !

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TWO GUNS View Post
    You might want to move to NH instead.
    I like this idea...and just commute. The "live free or die" state is a whole lot more attractive than "Taxachusetts" Just my $.02

"Old School" had some very good advice... "Think this over very carefully"...you'll be going from one of THE most gun friendly states to one of the most unfriendly gun states.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I live next door in Rhode Island. I was gonna get a permit for MA (since no reciprocity), but gave up due to cost and aggravation. I think we can mainly thank dear old (and deceased) Ted Kennedy for the horrible anti-gun sentiments in MA.

Good luck with your endeavor for permit, and with your move.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    I live next door in Rhode Island. I was gonna get a permit for MA (since no reciprocity), but gave up due to cost and aggravation. I think we can mainly thank dear old (and deceased) Ted Kennedy for the horrible anti-gun sentiments in MA.

Good luck with your endeavor for permit, and with your move.
    I never could understand Kennedy's view on gun control...he's killed more people with his car, than I've killed with all my guns!
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    I never could understand Kennedy's view on gun control...he's killed more people with his car, than I've killed with all my guns!

LOL, yeah man, I was gonna mention the infamous bridge incident, but I didn't wanna garner an off-topic infraction.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

1) No magazines over 10 rounds. You have the pre-ban backwards, the pre-ban magazines are allowed.
    2) The local police chief decides if you get a ltc, choose your town wisely.
    3) You have 60 day's to get a ltc. Keep the gun locked up in your house while waiting.
    4) You must get a ltc A to own the Glock or conceal carry. If you have no record of any kind this should not be a problem, but you can be restricted prohibiting conceal carry. Your local police chief decides this and your age, job, etc, above and beyond any record will go into this decision. Choose your town wisely.
    5) You must get this ltc to own any guns or it's a felony beyond 60 days. Also it can take more than 60 days to get your ltc.
    6) If you can move to Southern NH and commute do so and ignore all of the above. Lot's of people live in NH and work in MA

Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    1) No magazines over 10 rounds. You have the pre-ban backwards, the pre-ban magazines are allowed.
    2) The local police chief decides if you get a ltc, choose your town wisely.
    3) You have 60 day's to get a ltc. Keep the gun locked up in your house while waiting.
    4) You must get a ltc A to own the Glock or conceal carry. If you have no record of any kind this should not be a problem, but you can be restricted prohibiting conceal carry. Your local police chief decides this and your age, job, etc, above and beyond any record will go into this decision. Choose your town wisely.
    5) You must get this ltc to own any guns or it's a felony beyond 60 days. Also it can take more than 60 days to get your ltc.
    6) If you can move to Southern NH and commute do so and ignore all of the above. Lot's of people live in NH and work in MA
    Your welcome here in Texas, We're Hirin'!!!

Florida To Where?

Creyn20 said in part..

Quote Originally Posted by creyn20 View Post
    I am moving from Florida to Massachusetts..
    You want to do WHAT..!!..?

You've got to be kidding..!! Right..?

It sounds like you're a glutton for punishment.

FireStar M40
    babarock and Secret Spuk like this.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    On the bright side there will be one more pro 2nd amendment person in MA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links