Score!

This is a discussion on Score! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If the label is for the correct product and the incorrect price I always honor it. If its a different item sitting there I do ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Score!

If the label is for the correct product and the incorrect price I always honor it. If its a different item sitting there I do not. Anyone could place an item in the wrong spot, and demand a price change. I kindly read them the label.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Wow. Celebrating taking advantage of an honest mistake. How wonderful.
    Wally World...damn straight, comming and going every and any chance I get.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Some folks are just low-class to take advantage in such a fashion. They certainly aren't heroic to put one over on Wally World no matter what opinion might be held of the gargantuan retailer. The only thing worse is to brag about such exploits on a forum.
    exdee40 likes this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Some folks are just low-class to take advantage in such a fashion. They certainly aren't heroic to put one over on Wally World no matter what opinion might be held of the gargantuan retailer. The only thing worse is to brag about such exploits on a forum.
    Well for the worst then and proud of it...No matter what or who's opinion to the contrary...
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

I dont see anything dishonest here. The OP seen a bargain, he knew it was a bargain and he took advantage of it. It's not like he moved price tags around, he just bought a product at the posted price.
    jem102 likes this.

Administrator
    Well, when you have prior knowledge of something then that changes things a bit with regard to honesty & ethical & moral responsibility.

Now if you noticed that the 100 count boxes were priced at the 50 count price and you asked to speak to the store manager and made him aware of that fact by saying...

"Somebody working in your store made a big boo-boo pricing these 100 count boxes...why don't you show your appreciation by selling me 3 boxes at the lower price since I did you a huge favor by catching the error and telling you about it."

That would have been a better way to handle it.
    wmhawth and thephanatik like this.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Well, when you have prior knowledge of something then that changes things a bit with regard to honesty & ethical & moral responsibility.

Now if you noticed that the 100 count boxes were priced at the 50 count price and you asked to speak to the store manager and made him aware of that fact by saying...

"Somebody working in your store made a big boo-boo pricing these 100 count boxes...why don't you show your appreciation by selling me 3 boxes at the lower price since I did you a huge favor by catching the error and telling you about it."

That would have been a better way to handle it.
    That would have been the more honorable way, but I doubt that he would have got the lower price

I've tried that before, and it didn't work
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

come on, guys, lighten up. he really didnt switch the labels around or anything.
    ”A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

When I was a boy my grandparents lived in a town 18 miles away. Once after visiting them we stopped at a grocery store on the way home. After we got home my mother noticed the clerk had given her an extra quarter back in change. My mom said it would have to come out of the employees pocket when they totaled the register for the night, so it was 18 miles there to return the quarter and 18 miles back. This was around 1964, when I was nine years old. She could have kept the quarter, not much even back then, but I've always remembered this incident and I thank God for my Christian parents. I'm sure Wal-Mart won't have to close down but I couldn't have done this, either.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Quote Originally Posted by ClamsJager View Post
    who says i felt good about it? I did feel good about it, i found one hell of a deal and jumped all over it like a fat kid in a twinkee factory! Not my problem the person that put the ammo in there put it in the wrong spot. I call it discounts with out coupons.

you are right i did know that price was to low, I did inform the manager of that. by company policy they have to give them to you at the price on the shelf.

Ive scored a $200 electric dog fence for $35.00, and a bunch of other stuff from walmart due to there shotty employee shelfing issues.
    And if the cashier had given you $25 too much change, that would be another score for you, correct?
    bmcgilvray and wmhawth like this.

Ethics, you either have them, or you don't.
    thephanatik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaDX View Post
    I dont see anything dishonest here. The OP seen a bargain, he knew it was a bargain and he took advantage of it. It's not like he moved price tags around, he just bought a product at the posted price.
    No, he didn't see a bargain. What he saw was a mistake and he knew it. He even tells us he knew it. He took advantage of a mistake made by some low wage shelf stocker, counting on a store policy that would make it possible, to buy 100 round boxes at the 50 round price. If you don't see anything dishonest about that I'd have to question whatever moral code you live by. I have no love for Walmart or the people who run the outfit either but I couldn't use that to rationalize and justify engaging in petty underhanded maneuvers to swindle a few measley bucks from them. My own integrity is worth more than that to me.

It looks like Walmart had to match the price of a advertised item...

MATCH IT!

MATCH IT!.......... Okay, I'll match that price right here.

Truthfully speaking though. It was probably some under paid youngster, or same, elderly lady or gentlemen that made the error. Let's just hope they didn't suffer any repercussions for their mistake via management.

Did Walmart suffer at all from the mistake... That'd be a HUGE, No, water off a ducks back.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    so your calling me low class?

I wasnt bragging i was simply stating i got a deal.

Did Walmart suffer at all from the mistake... That'd be a HUGE, No, water off a ducks back.
    Retailers can offset losses by just passing them on to their customers in the form of price increases, so those who are able to rip them off may be, in essence, ripping us all off. The fact is this thing isn't even about Walmart. It's about what a man should be seeing when he looks in the mirror.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links