Score! - Page 3

Score!

This is a discussion on Score! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I think there is a big difference between a sticker for 100 ct 9mm saying $16 vs. a box of 100 9mm being near a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Score!

I think there is a big difference between a sticker for 100 ct 9mm saying $16 vs. a box of 100 9mm being near a sticker for a 50 ct box.

One is an honest mistake. The other is finding way to save a buck.

I like deals, but I am siding with QKshooter and others. I see it too much at my job. Store policy or not, I deny it at my job if I smell bs.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Retailers can offset losses by just passing them on to their customers in the form of price increases, so those who are able to rip them off may be, in essence, ripping us all off. The fact is this thing isn't even about Walmart. It's about what a man should be seeing when he looks in the mirror.
    Yeah, I can see your point there, and I wouldn't disagree with it.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Originally Posted by wmhawth

Retailers can offset losses by just passing them on to their customers in the form of price increases, so those who are able to rip them off may be, in essence, ripping us all off. The fact is this thing isn't even about Walmart. It's about what a man should be seeing when he looks in the mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Yeah, I can see your point there, and I wouldn't disagree with it.
    Ah grasshopper...the mystics speak...an A, is not actually an A, but us poor rational devils trapped in our morass of uncouth ethics can't achieve that vaulted plain where the favored few divine light from dark and can "see" that an A is...well...whatever "their" situational irrationality says it is on that particular sunrise...or, maybe there are no mirrors in those hallowed halls that reflect the clean discerning light of day...thus my children ended the lesson. Hope springs eternal and perhaps we shall not soil our novice robes on the morrow...
    ErnieNWillis likes this.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

What is right and what is wrong may be discerned and everyone who has posted in this thread knows it whether they will admit it or not.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Now, there's a statement I can agree with!
    Who is John Galt?

Sponsor
    Gotta chime in here.

I found a Leatherman Skeletool on the rack(locked onto the rack) priced at $37.95 at my local wallyworld. I asked the sporting goods associate if that was the correct price. She scanned it and said "No that is a mistake, do you want it at that price?". Was I wrong to take it? No, store policy said I could purchase it at the advertised price.

There are many things about Walmart's business practice that I disagree with but their customer service policies are not among them.
    jem102 likes this.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I'm just saying that the price was too obviously meant for a box of 50 to be mistaken for the 100 count price. I have to assume you knew that. I certainly would have.
    Dishonest??? A matter of opinion I guess. I would not have felt good about it.
    Dishonest my butt! How often does Wal-Mart and other stores ring up sale items at non sale prices? A lot! If nobody catches this they win. The price is what it is marked. Its not up to you to police their mistakes.
    jem102 likes this.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Sponsor
    There have actually been several national class action law suits about this. I'm not sure if Wal-Mart was every involved but several of the higher end department stores were sued over this practice; Advertise a low sale price but do not update the sku data base. If the customer catches the mis ring then they give the sale price. If not, caveat emptor. This was particular prevalent around Christmas.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Yeah, I remember some big chain store was doing something to screw customers that involved gift receipts. If they paid $19.99 for an item and it went on sale for $11.99 because it was seasonal or whatever, the person would only get the $11.99 and not the $19.99 that was paid for the item if they decided to return it. The person returning it would usually have no idea how much the person who bought it paid, so it's rarely discovered.

Goes both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    Gotta chime in here.

I found a Leatherman Skeletool on the rack(locked onto the rack) priced at $37.95 at my local wallyworld. I asked the sporting goods associate if that was the correct price. She scanned it and said "No that is a mistake, do you want it at that price?". Was I wrong to take it? No, store policy said I could purchase it at the advertised price.

There are many things about Walmart's business practice that I disagree with but their customer service policies are not among them.
    Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    Dishonest my butt! How often does Wal-Mart and other stores ring up sale items at non sale prices? A lot! If nobody catches this they win. The price is what it is marked. It’s not up to you to police their mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    There have actually been several national class action law suits about this. I'm not sure if Wal-Mart was every involved but several of the higher end department stores were sued over this practice; Advertise a low sale price but do not update the sku data base. If the customer catches the mis ring then they give the sale price. If not, caveat emptor. This was particular prevalent around Christmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Yeah, I remember some big chain store was doing something to screw customers that involved gift receipts. If they paid $19.99 for an item and it went on sale for $11.99 because it was seasonal or whatever, the person would only get the $11.99 and not the $19.99 that was paid for the item if they decided to return it. The person returning it would usually have no idea how much the person who bought it paid, so it's rarely discovered.

Goes both ways.
    Really...truly...I am shocked...
    Who is John Galt?

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Shocked at facts? Not sure why you quoted me in there...

I probably would have brought someone over and pointed out the price and asked if they were listing it right and then if they didn't change it get some for the great price.

Calling the OP low-class is not right either though, as far as I'm concerned. He did what he did and it's done. I highly doubt they're going to fire their greeter over that loss since that's what some of you are insinuating.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Shocked at facts? Not sure why you quoted me in there...
    Easy partner, in agreement with you 100%! Read all my posts on this. I'm just being a little facetious with some other posters.
    Full onboard with you and the others I quoted in #40.
    Who is John Galt?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links