Discovery Channel's Sons of Gun fakin' it - Page 3

Discovery Channel's Sons of Gun fakin' it

This is a discussion on Discovery Channel's Sons of Gun fakin' it within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Come on people. ALL reality shows are fake. Yes, even "Cops". It's cheap TV. When the writers went on strike about ten years ago, producers ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Discovery Channel's Sons of Gun fakin' it

Come on people.
    ALL reality shows are fake.
    Yes, even "Cops".
    It's cheap TV.
    When the writers went on strike about ten years ago, producers discovered that the public would watch ANYTHING.
    Cheap TV.
    Tell me you don't believe that the Orange County Chopper guys aren't always fighting? It's fake. Sorry.
    The TV studio is behind their real bike shop. They tour as rock stars.
    ....and sadly, their bikes are crap.

One thing you can count on: What is referred to as "REALITY TV" has absolutely no basis in Reality. In fact, it is the exact opposite.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Actually, OC Chopper is probably one of the more real reality shows. Junior is an artist, and Dad is the businessman who brings the staff together to make a quality product. They remind me of a construction company that was run by a real stickler like the old man in OC Chopper. Before he had a serious accident, their construction company built some high end homes. When the kids took over, the best contractors and employees stopped working for the kids over a few years time. Now they build mid-grade homes. They couldn't keep things going because they don't have the business savvy their father did.

It takes someone like the the old man to bring the high strung Juniors together and functioning in a reliable fashion. It's a tenuous relationship at best with great results.

The "fighting" that goes on is due to frustration with high pressure jobs. What is real is the anger, what isn't shown is the actual amount of time that the anger is really there. If there was that much rage all the time, then someone would be dead. Not because they were killed, but due to stress induced whatever...

Artists are strange people, you should work with some of the super picky ones. It's an exercise in insanity. The end result is worth it most of the time.

Most reality shows are real trash though. OC Choppers is mediocre at best. They are just above the rest.

I love how she closes her eyes just before every shot. and still manages to get close to the bulls eye.
    hogwash. bunch of trigger jerking.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Tell me you don't believe that the Orange County Chopper guys aren't always fighting? It's fake. Sorry.
    The TV studio is behind their real bike shop.
    Come visit me and I'll take you to their shops, no studio.

They really do fight, none of that is made up just for tv. A father doesn't sue his son for tv. It's real.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Just another collection of redneck bimbos and bimbettes. Haven't really seen anything that any other half-decent machinist/gunsmith couldn't figure out. Let's see, take a production firearm and make a few mods. Never been done before?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    Junior is an artist, and Dad is the businessman who brings the staff together to make a quality product.
    All their bikes look alike except for the frills.
    They're selling for $50 K and up, yet are often cobbled together.
    Ever seen one up close? They use stainless and chrome fasteners interchangeably.
    We had one on display, and the guy who delivered it took 20 minutes to turn it 180 degrees.
    You couldn't make a U-turn on a six lane highway, forget parking.
    I can't imagine the torture of riding it. Hardtail, seat like a tree stump, all the weight on your tailbone.
    I have three bikes, and I would never consider one like that.

But, they found a hook and they're riding it as long as they can.

Unfortunately, they have a $12.5 million loan on a building (the one you see) and it's only worth $8 now.
    According different reports, Choppers has allegedly missed several mortgage payments, one for $96,400 and another for $14,000. The dispute has gone as far as the lenders filing a foreclosure.

VIP Member
    Guns and more is so right. I shake my head when I see a stretched-out hardtail parked in front of a bar. My son has more miles on his bicycle than most of those posers.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    I love how she closes her eyes just before every shot. and still manages to get close to the bulls eye.
    hogwash. bunch of trigger jerking.
    And if I recall correctly, I believe she broke Rule #2 while she was opening the gun case. I could've sworn she muzzled herself.

I don't care if they faked it or not, Stephanie Hayden is still HOT! and fun to watch.

But it does suck that they did that, I have always liked the show.
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

Model 92, no doubt about it!
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."
    Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    I don't care if they faked it or not, Stephanie Hayden is still HOT! and fun to watch.
    Oh dude -

She takes offensive to whole new levels... And my dog knows more about firearms than she does - which I'm fine with. But as long as they're going to put the camera on her while she blabbers on, I'm going to exercise my freedom to never watch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    "Sons of Guns" is mediocre at best. Some of those rednecks in the shop look dangerously stupid.

However, they did have at least one good episode, with the WWII flamethrower that they restored. Then, at the end, an 80+ year old Iwo Jima Medal-of-Honor winner played with it for a bit and showed how he lit up some Jap pill boxes. Now that was a dang good scene!
    That vet I am proud to say is a WV resident...Herschel "Woody" Williams, the states only living MOH recipient.

As far as the show goes, it is a little lame at points and I thin the producers "create" stuff for them to do on camera because realistically there probably isnt enough "exciting stuff" that happens day to day in a gun/machine shop. The lead gun smith and the other new guy he just hired I think they really know their stuff. Kris is just learnnig and is a goof. The math teacher/genius Joe really knows his stuff. That guy should be working for NASA or something.

I think it can be all summed up by what Will said to the UZI shooter the other day..."Dang man, You been watching too much Sons of Guns" LOL
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1100us View Post
    What? That was for sure a Beretta. Why would they do that?
    I "heard" that she got injured shooting the Desert Eagle, so the producers re-shot the scene with the Beretta.

The thing that bothers me is, judging by their behavior, is there any reason why ANY other law-abiding citizen shouldn't have access to fully automatic weapons and explosives?? I think not.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links