how to get a stuck 22. bullet out of the barrel please help

This is a discussion on how to get a stuck 22. bullet out of the barrel please help within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; okay i was shooting no powder 22 bullets and there is about 4 stuck in barrel...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: how to get a stuck 22. bullet out of the barrel please help

how to get a stuck 22. bullet out of the barrel please help

okay i was shooting no powder 22 bullets and there is about 4 stuck in barrel

2. Remove Ads

Mount the gun barrel pointing up, take a dowel that'll fit down the barrel, hold the dowel with vise grips, run it down the barrel.
    Please don't shoot yourself in the face or through the ceiling. Obviously make sure there is no cartridge in the chamber.
    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Administrator
    4!!? Holy cow. I would not use a dowel. I don't think one will not have the integrity to push the bullets out, it will splinter and mushroom out making your task tougher. You'll need a brass or steel rod. It will be easier if its a pistol, but either way disassemble the gun or at least separate the barrel as much as you can. You can try JBachmans approach, or just use a mallet and tap the bullets out. Make sure you go towards the muzzle, it will probably complicate the task to go in reverse.
    "Just blame Sixto"

i tried to tap them out with a piece of metal bucket handle but it did not work the bucket handle kept bending can i get a piece of steel rod from home depot

I have removed a bullet from a Glock barrel with a wood dowel rod, however it was a 9mm so the dowel rod was much thicker. I also used some lubricant to help easy the bullet on its way. I agree that brass would be better but I'd try the dowel just be extremely cautious as has been said you could make it worse by packing it in with splinters.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

Senior Moderator
    Get a piece of 3/16 brass rod from Home Depot or somewhere. Use a brass hammer or even a leather one if you have it. If you cannot go from the chamber side you'll have to go from the muzzle side. Sometimes using just the wieght of the gun banging it on the rod on the floor will do it.
    Cut the rod so that it is no longer than it needs to be, this will keep it from bending so much. Brass wont damage the rifling like steel might.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

A piece of 3/16 steel rod from home depot will do, don’t make it much longer then the barrel is, you don’t want it to flex too much. Make sure it has not got any burs on it, and is flat on the end that is going into the barrel. You could even put a slight radius or angle on it to keep it from scoring the barrel.

Use a hammer not a mallet, the mallet will absorb too much of the shock. Drive them out the shortest way, short strokes on the hammer. Hammer weight should be two pounds or so as to have sufficient driving force, without slamming it. Some WD 40 wouldn’t hurt, use the oil on the end that you are driving them toward, make sure you get it out before shooting it.
    Relax it will be fine.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I wonder if he should put some CLP in the end he expects the bullets to come out? The more lubed it is on that side the better....I would thin
    Gideon

VIP Member
    4??? I get # 1 and #2, but 4, wow. I wonder about the integrity of the barrel after all that banging to get 4 out.

i heard that theres is a scew in tip that goes on the cheaning rod to pullout stuck 22bullets do yall now what it called and where can i get one thanks

Is your problem with a Pistol or Rifle?

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waystro View Post
    i heard that theres is a scew in tip that goes on the cheaning rod to pullout stuck 22bullets do yall now what it called and where can i get one thanks
    They make "bullet pullers" for muzzle-loaders, it's a very sharp threaded tip, looks like a wood screw. It threads into the ram rod for pulling lead balls/bullets from the bore. I have not ever seen one small enough to fit in a .22
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Step 1: Sell 22
    Step 2: buy knife

Thats scary man. Not trying to be a douche but if this is a "learner" firearm take this as a lesson. If it were a larger caliber, you would have almost certainly had this blow up in your face, literally.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    .22 cal cleaning rod?

^most can tell if a high caliber round doesn't exit because of the sound difference. You really cant tell on a no powder 22 round. They are very quiet to begin with.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links