Wow, there's young children here...

This is a discussion on Wow, there's young children here... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I drove out to my LGS in Tucson today for ammo and found they were having a blood drive. Big Red Cross motor bus parked ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By rgbiker

Thread: Wow, there's young children here...

I drove out to my LGS in Tucson today for ammo and found they were having a blood drive. Big Red Cross motor bus parked outside. Went inside and saw about a dozen children with their Moms who were working the event.

Imagine a dozen or so of young children sitting or walking around quietly inside a gun shop where customers open carry loaded firearms and big 'ol nasty looking assault weapons are on display.

In many states there would a loud "EEK" from liberal minded sources resulting in 911 calls and children services response, etc...

But this is Arizona. So a big thanks to those Moms who brought their kids to a gun store to show 'em that firearms and folks who carry them are not dangerous.

Kudos to them, educating kids on guns and donating blood
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Amen.. You know, in all honesty, a lack of firearms knowledge and their danger is exactally what causes accidents. Why people do not teach their children about firearms and firearm safety is beyond me. Rather than having a (school) class on basket weaving, why not a class on firearm safety where the parents attend too?

I have neighboors that detest the fact I own guns yet they buy their children toy guns. The children play and pretent to shot each other. What the hell kind of example is that? Why not buy them a BB gun, set up a safe target, explain safety and let them learn to shoot and appreciate some sort of acheivement. If someone acts carelessly, take the BB gun and put it away and spend some campground time explaining to them what when wrong, why and the ramifications of having an accident. And do so without intimidating or fussing at them. A simple "guys, we got to get better at this and here is why"

Damn I get hot about this...

Best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links