A couple new (to me) "Roscoes."

This is a discussion on A couple new (to me) "Roscoes." within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by OD* Oh nice, congratulations! I still have AVNIII on order, I have both the WWI reproductions, but I still gotta have that ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: A couple new (to me) "Roscoes."

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Oh nice, congratulations!
    I still have AVNIII on order, I have both the WWI reproductions, but I still gotta have that AVNIII issue to round it out.

Again, congrats.
    Thanks! I definitely want an O1911 sometime in the future. That carbonia is just stunning.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Very happy you found what you wanted. And the pics just add wood to the fire I have now. I am now looking to add my 2nd Pony to to stable, and many more there after. Saving for that special find..
    I wish you well, Gman, the Rampant Colt can be quite addicting.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Wow those are nice...oh wait...wrong conversation during daylight... JK
    Seriously though... DARN YOU for getting me drooling over another series 70. My first ever handgun was a MarkIV Series 70 that I "rescued" from a pawn shop. She still shoots just as true and if not more reliable than the day she came off the line I suspect. Man those are nice finds.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by bottlerocket View Post
    Thanks! I definitely want an O1911 sometime in the future. That carbonia is just stunning.
    It really is a beautiful blue. If and when I get a AVNIII, I plan to send it back to Colt and have them redo it with their Royal Blue finish, I think it makes them look outstanding.

It would look like this picture;
    JD likes this.

~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Wow those are nice...oh wait...wrong conversation during daylight... JK
    Seriously though... DARN YOU for getting me drooling over another series 70. My first ever handgun was a MarkIV Series 70 that I "rescued" from a pawn shop. She still shoots just as true and if not more reliable than the day she came off the line I suspect. Man those are nice finds.
    Thank you.

Yes sir, the Series 70s are special indeed, especially those that are rescued!
    If you like the 70s, look around for a pre-70 Government Model, they are another one of those special Colt's.

My 1950 came thru the shop when a widow was selling off some of her late husbands firearms, I had to jump on it.

QKShooter, JD and bmcgilvray like this.

~ Tiger McKee

Administrator
    Anyway, a friend found it several weeks ago and snagged it, he's a gun trader and I told him
    when he chewed the flavor out of it I wanted first dibs.

Nice guns!! I recently scored a similar Agent and an older Gold Cup that was worked over by Clark Custom Guns back in '93. It's still a heck of a shooter butI'm sending it back to Clark be tuned up and refinished. When I get it back it should look like it did when it left their shop over eighteen years ago.

“Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

Administrator
    Nice "Cup" & with a Clark Custom accuracy job.

Quote Originally Posted by WC145 View Post
    Nice guns!! I recently scored a similar Agent and an older Gold Cup that was worked over by Clark Custom Guns back in '93. It's still a heck of a shooter butI'm sending it back to Clark be tuned up and refinished. When I get it back it should look like it did when it left their shop over eighteen years ago.
    Those are both very nice indeed, the Clark is a real treasure!

Would you happen to have a picture of the left side of your Agent? I was asked if mine was missing the Rampant Colt that the "D" frame Colt's have on their side plate, I don't remember the Parkerized Agents and Commandos ever having the rollmark, but I could be mistaken.

~ Tiger McKee

Smooth as a baby's butt.

“Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

Thank you sir, I appreciate it.

~ Tiger McKee

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links