Just bought my first and 2nd handgun

This is a discussion on Just bought my first and 2nd handgun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It was a bright sunny afternoon in Durham NC back in April when I qualified for my concealed carry permit with a VERY small Kel-Tec ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Just bought my first and 2nd handgun

Just bought my first and 2nd handgun

It was a bright sunny afternoon in Durham NC back in April when I qualified for my concealed carry permit with a VERY small Kel-Tec PF9, small 12.7 oz 9mm...I remember it all so clearly now as my hands were brutally sore and beat up from the snappy recoil that the brand new fresh out of the box kel-tec offered. I was honored at first I got to put the first round down range...I was hurt afterwards my hands and arms were sore!

Fast forward to today...Another bright sunny afternoon in Durham NC and I was between a FNX 9mm and a SA XD 9mm. I kept looking and looking and talked with Budsgunshop and called all the LG's and after all that I bought it.

I bought 2 actually a FNX 9mm and a 1911 RIA 1911A1 in 9mm

My thought was I will only have to buy 9mm ammo, which is a good thing for me. The wifey doesn't know that I bought anything yet :) It seems as though bright sunny afternoons on my day's off seem to make me want to buy handguns or their related items!

The FNX 9mm will be my CCW, I plan on using it in a crossbreed supertuck holster for the FNP (which I heard it will fit). The RIA 1911 I'm not sure if I would conceal carry that monster or try for the out on the hip variety. The RIA 1911 was not my first choice, however it was one of the few 1911's that were in 9mm that was all black with the wood grips, in my price range. Any thoughts on concealing the 1911 or hip carry for that thing? What about the FNX 9, any thoughts on it in general and concealing it?

I can't wait for my weapons to get here, it will be range time hopefully this weekend.
    I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
    I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating
    myself for failing to be prepared.

2. Remove Ads

Nothing wrong with the CBST for the 1911 too.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Congrats on your new purchases

Congrats on the new pistols

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Everyday is a good day, but a 2 new gun day... is a GREAT day. Congrats!
    Justified likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Better start planning to expand your secure storage space because it's obvious you are hooked. Congratulations on the new guns.

VIP Member
    Congrats. You know you're hooked when you start buying them in two's.
    Justified likes this.

Good luck with your purchaces. take the wife out to dinner and the range, in that order.
    640girl likes this.

The secret is to buy guns that look similar. I have 3 being delivered this week and I don't think the little lady would recognize them as more than just 1.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

First - the FNX 9mm. I don't own one but have read only good things about it. Just learn to shoot it well. I did have an FNP 40 and it concealed fairly well. The RIA 1911 in 9mm is a bit bigger. I'm a Galco pancake holster fan myself. I have quite a few of their holsters. Their Concealable holster carries my Colt 1911 pretty well. The belt is the key. Get a good belt. Another option for your 1911 if it strikes your fancy is a shoulder rig. Cabelas sells a holster made by Triple K that is offered in the 1911 size. I have one I use again with my Colt and it works fine for me. It's a good carry option in winter months when heavy vests or coats are in order. I like them because I drive alot. The price if I remember right is in the $70.00 range.

Hope this helped. Good shooting!
    Old Reb

"Know guns, know peace and know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety."
    Army Retired
    VFW Member
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Congrats!

Now, remember, with those two different pistols, you'll need to be work doubly hard in your training, if you intend to alternate between the two for carry!

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Better start planning to expand your secure storage space because it's obvious you are hooked. Congratulations on the new guns.
    I second this one .... amazing how a good deal becomes really too good to pass up.
    Congratulations.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

OD*
    Congratulations!
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

GM
    Congrats on the new guns! A 1911 is very easy to conceal IWB; just make sure that you get a good holster.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    The secret is to buy guns that look similar. I have 3 being delivered this week and I don't think the little lady would recognize them as more than just 1.
    Lucky you, my fiance is just about as proficient with most of the firearms I own as I am. She could see right through that. I'm sure its a blessing in disguise ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links