Man killed by robber with 22 after two shots. Robber killed with 45 after 7 shots.

This is a discussion on Man killed by robber with 22 after two shots. Robber killed with 45 after 7 shots. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Police have video of fatal liquor store shootout *| ajc.com Not starting a caliber war but just another example of someone getting killed by a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Man killed by robber with 22 after two shots. Robber killed with 45 after 7 shots.

Man killed by robber with 22 after two shots. Robber killed with 45 after 7 shots.

Police have video of fatal liquor store shootout *| ajc.com

Not starting a caliber war but just another example of someone getting killed by a 22. Unfortunately in this case it was the store employee.

The odd thing here is that 2 shots of the 22 were fired and that was all that was needed while the 45 was shot 7 times. Then the robber was able to crawl outside before collapsing.
    This goes to show that shot placement is key and that even a 45 may not do the job with just 1 shot.

A few months ago in Georgia a older woman shot a house intruder with her 22 revolver. The intruder died.

Police: Woman Shot Intruder 9 Times In Self Defense - News Story - WSB Atlanta

No a 22 is not my preferred defensive caliber but for those how say that getting shot with a 22 would just piss the bad guy off imo is full of of crap.

Pick the largest caliber you can shoot accurately with but don't be afraid to use something as small as a 22 if you need to.

2. Remove Ads

I'd shoot'em 7 times too unless I had an extra mag then it would be 14.

Too bad he was shoot in the back he might have been able to rid the world of three BG's

In all seriousness, any gun will kill, some should just be a little easier and more effeicent to kill with.

It is just me or does this kind of SENSELESS KILLING TICK EVERYBODY OFF!!!
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

Quote Originally Posted by ConcealedG30 View Post
    I'd shoot'em 7 times too unless I had an extra mag then it would be 14.

Too bad he was shoot in the back he might have been able to rid the world of three BG's

In all seriousness, any gun will kill, some should just be a little easier and more effeicent to kill with.

It is just me or does this kind of SENSELESS KILLING TICK EVERYBODY OFF!!!
    Ticks me off. What did they get out of it? $200

Very sad. Going against three guns is going to be tenuous at best.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

It's all about consistency. Anecdotes prove nothing. I'll still trust my life to my .45 over a .22 any day of the week, because of the track record.

I don't see the military or police issuing .22lr.

Can we stop kidding ourselves?
    357and40 and zonker1986 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombsaway View Post
    It's all about consistency. Anecdotes prove nothing. I'll still trust my life to my .45 over a .22 any day of the week, because of the track record.

I don't see the military or police issuing .22lr.

Can we stop kidding ourselves?
    Maybe not anymore but I believe we have had some .22lr in our military as well as others.

Modern Firearms - Hi-Standard HDM silenced

Israeli Ruger 10/22 Suppressed Sniper Rifle

Modern Firearms - SV-99

I refuse to use the tragic demise of a innocent individual to emphasis a point. Very sad story here and that's all there is to it. For the BG, got whatcha had coming dirt-bag. For the Employee, RIP sir.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by joepa150 View Post
    Police have video of fatal liquor store shootout *| ajc.com

Not starting a caliber war but just another example of someone getting killed by a 22. Unfortunately in this case it was the store employee.

The odd thing here is that 2 shots of the 22 were fired and that was all that was needed while the 45 was shot 7 times. Then the robber was able to crawl outside before collapsing.
    This goes to show that shot placement is key and that even a 45 may not do the job with just 1 shot.

A few months ago in Georgia a older woman shot a house intruder with her 22 revolver. The intruder died.

Police: Woman Shot Intruder 9 Times In Self Defense - News Story - WSB Atlanta

No a 22 is not my preferred defensive caliber but for those how say that getting shot with a 22 would just piss the bad guy off imo is full of of crap.

Pick the largest caliber you can shoot accurately with but don't be afraid to use something as small as a 22 if you need to.
    It seems Deon had the .45. He was shot in the back twice, and able to put 7 into the BG, before he dies. I think the story here is Deons will to take on these BGs. That is the mindset of a Hero...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

"A woman working the register was pushed out of the way when she opened the cash drawer. Causey saw this happening and picked up a .45 from the counter and began to walk toward the register, but was shot in the back two times by the lookout with a .22, said Street".

"Deon fired at the man at the register and hit him seven times, said Street, then "fell to his death" while firing at the other robbers who tried to flee out the entrance".

A sad lesson that we can all learn from.

Call them a lookout man or layoff man, SA dictates that you never know who else is envolved in the encounter.

Keep your head on a swivel.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    "A woman working the register was pushed out of the way when she opened the cash drawer. Causey saw this happening and picked up a .45 from the counter and began to walk toward the register, but was shot in the back two times by the lookout with a .22, said Street".

"Deon fired at the man at the register and hit him seven times, said Street, then "fell to his death" while firing at the other robbers who tried to flee out the entrance".

A sad lesson that we can all learn from.

Call them a lookout man or layoff man, SA dictates that you never know who else is envolved in the encounter.

Keep your head on a swivel.

OS
    You are so right about keeping your head on a swivel. I admire his heart, but his death might have been avoided. Good point Old school.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    It seems Deon had the .45. He was shot in the back twice, and able to put 7 into the BG, before he dies. I think the story here is Deons will to take on these BGs. That is the mindset of a Hero...
    +1 on Hero

So what you are saying is that someone can bleed out from a fatal injury from a 22 and still have enough time to pump 7 rds of 45 into a bg....

Do they have video of the BG being spun around 32 times by the 45 and his limbs blowing off?

+1 about the victim being a hero for his determination in the face of his mortality.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Second story on OP about the attack on the woman in her home: she was in the shower when the attack occurred and she fought back with the shower curtain rod and then distracted her attacker with the promise of money,

Smart brave lady produces a .22 and shoot the attacker 9 times, he died in the yard trying to escape.

Good for her, good for her, good for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

What I'm getting out of all this is "use what ya got"...if that happens to be a .22 so be it.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

But why did you shoot him 9 times?
    Well, because I didn't have any more ammo...
    You go girl...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links