questions about my hand gun

This is a discussion on questions about my hand gun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I purchased a S&W 40. cal tactical at a local pawn shop for less than $300 and cant find a owners manual anywhere on a ...

Thread: questions about my hand gun

I purchased a S&W 40. cal tactical at a local pawn shop for less than $300 and cant find a owners manual anywhere on a pistol that looks like mine it doesnt have a hammer that you cant cock with your thumb and also doesnt have a safety, its black and stainless and holds 10 rounds in the magazine, can any one tell me anything about this type pistol, yes Im new to handguns, yes ive already taken the handgun safety course Ive been around long guns all my life just new to handguns and have applied for my ccw

VIP Member
    Welcome to DC!

Try taking a look here: page7b

You can also call smith and they will send you one.

Thank you very much

JD
    Administrator
    Is this your gun?

yes Jd that is exactly like mine , also how hard is it to change grips mine are damaged?

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn89 View Post
    I purchased a S&W 40. cal tactical at a local pawn shop for less than $300 and cant find a owners manual anywhere on a pistol that looks like mine it doesnt have a hammer that you cant cock with your thumb and also doesnt have a safety, its black and stainless and holds 10 rounds in the magazine, can any one tell me anything about this type pistol, yes Im new to handguns, yes ive already taken the handgun safety course Ive been around long guns all my life just new to handguns and have applied for my ccw
    It's a "TSW" for "Tactical Smith & Wesson, go to the Page7b link above and look for "S&W Centerfire Pistols (Metal Frame)" you guns is "DAO" or Double Action Only"

As for the grips, shouldn't be too hard, check out Hogue and Pachmayr, I'm not sure of the exact model number of the gun yet though...wait one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn89 View Post
    try looking here and see if your gun is there
    Smith & Wesson

google is your friend, you can also find a lot of forums like this for your gun and those forums will be a good source of info

JD
    Administrator
    Are you sure it's 10 in the mag and not 9?

I'm fairly certain you have a 4053TSW, I suppose you could have a larger gun with a , "ban magazine of 10 rounds".

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    try looking here and see if your gun is there
    Smith & Wesson

google is your friend, you can also find a lot of forums like this for your gun and those forums will be a good source of info
    The 3rd Gen S&W autos are not on S&W's website anymore since they've been discontinued.

What do you think is a fair price for this gun? has 1 magazine and a small amount of scaring on the plastic, inside of the chamber and barrel doesnt have any scratches and is extremly clean almost as if it hasnt been fired only carried?

Links