Defensive Carry banner

Man shoots girlfriend by mistake instead of dog

6K views 31 replies 29 participants last post by  Harryball 
#1 ·
Rule #1: Don't shoot dog while someone is holding it.

Rule #2: Don't hold dog when someone is going to shoot it.

Currituck sheriff: Man aiming for dog shoots, kills girlfriend | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

O’Malley and Mackey were arguing when the dog, a German shepherd-Doberman mix, bit O’Malley on the arm. O’Malley aimed a gun at the dog, according to witnesses interviewed by police. Mackey was shot in the chest when she tried to keep the dog from getting shot, Voorhees said. The dog was not injured.

#4 ·
Maybe I'm not clear on the definitions, but doesn't murder imply intent? I would think that manslaughter would be more appropriate as a careless act resulted in her death.
Second Degree Murder is what a lot of states call Manslaughter

#7 ·
I would say if a dog bit him he was doing more than verbally arguing,chances are he put his hands on her and the dog defended,then he decided he was gonna kill it but his GF tried to protect the dog and got shot,wonder if any alcohol or drugs were involved,either way he will probably plead out to involuntary manslaughter

#8 ·
Everything that I want to say about this guy will get me another warning...

#12 ·
he lived in the home with her, article said "they shared a home"; the dog knew him then I would suppose... hmmm something seems fishy here...

#14 ·
Wasn't there a recent news story where a woman shot her husband while aiming at a dog?

#17 ·
Sumthin don't smell right here dad........

....sorry bout the lady but a German Shepard-Doberman mix ain't no small pooch to miss....

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

click image to enlarge......

You got a point there Max.

Maybe that's why there charging Second Degree Murder and giving him a $260,000.00 bond.

OS

#19 ·
Well I guess he doesn't have to worry about his next girl friend. What he has to worry about is being "Big Bubba's" girl friend!

#20 ·
Hey there officers why you'all cuffing me up? I wuz just trying to shoot my doggone dog ....is all!
Heckfire....I sure as Hell didn't mean to "do in" ma lil' Becky Sue!
I loved me that there woman even though I had beat her every onced in a while ta keep her in line.

#26 ·
It's never good to carry in an emotional state. That's why I disarm every Sunday noon if the Vikings are playing.

Reactions: Civil_Response
#29 ·
The article might as well be written by the shooter, because he was the only witness and therefore everything that is described in the article is what the shooter claims. Sorry, I'm not going to "take a guys word for it" after he just killed his girlfriend with no witnesses.

(I'm assuming there were no other witnesses because the article doesn't mention any)

#32 ·
Man hits woman, dog defends woman, asshat pulls gun and kills woman. Fry asshat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.