Brand of Gun - Page 2

Brand of Gun

This is a discussion on Brand of Gun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; HiPoint=Po mans Glock...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Brand of Gun

HiPoint=Po mans Glock
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Not journalism but what gets me is the detective shows on TV like "Law and Order". I can't count the number of times a detective will pick up a casing, examine it and say it was shot from a Glock. Other times one detective will say, "I have a 9mm casing over here", and the other will respond with, "probably from a Glock".
    "To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society" - Theodore Roosevelt

USAF 1986 - 1995
    Glock 23 2008 - Present

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbilly32 View Post
    Not journalism but what gets me is the detective shows on TV like "Law and Order". I can't count the number of times a detective will pick up a casing, examine it and say it was shot from a Glock. Other times one detective will say, "I have a 9mm casing over here", and the other will respond with, "probably from a Glock".
    Well actually that is not that far fetched. Some glocks do leave a distinctive bulge in the case when fired.
    But I have seen the same type of thing when the actor picks up a casing and proclaims that this was fired from a military sniper rifle. Amazing.

Michael

I was told the GLOCK leaves a different impression on the primer. Yes I have thousands of empty 9mm casings that I have not anal-yzed to verify this.

You know what they say about bad publicity, it is still publicty. Hence one of the most popular pistols is the GLOCK and the most popular rifles are the so called assault machine death ray heat seeking guns. Although anyone with a shred of common sense (anyone anti-anti) knows why these 2 types of guns are so popular.

It would be refreshing to hear a news report describing the scene of a DUI accident with the same specualtion they apply to shootings.

"Carl was driving his blue 1978 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 complete with headers, glass-pack mufflers, predator carburetor, high performance camshaft, nitros system, and dice hanging from the mirror. He had been down at the ye old waterin' hole and had 17 Schlitz draws, 3 shots of Jack Daniels, and some pretzel twists. He maliciously loaded his high capacity system and then inserted himself into his 4 wheeled implement of destruction. Without regard for human life he hurled this deadly combination into traffic and unleashed his wrath on 74 year old Bernice and her 1985 Chevrolet Caprice. Tonight police and loved ones are asking where he got a drivers license, who gave him the alcohol, who let him drive like that, and why does he need all those unnecessary high performance whatzits on his car?

No offense to Chevrolet, Schlitz, Jack Daniels, or dice.
    Secret Spuk and RoadKill like this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links