Brand of Gun

This is a discussion on Brand of Gun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Why is it that when someone is accidentally or intentionally shot the brand of gun (normally Glock) is always brought up but if a drunk ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Brand of Gun

Brand of Gun

Why is it that when someone is accidentally or intentionally shot the brand of gun (normally Glock) is always brought up but if a drunk driver/careless driver kills someone the brand of car or the brand of beer is never mentioned?

Is it the media? Is there a double standard?

2. Remove Ads

Chevy or Bud does not have the same shock effect as GLOCK!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Its for the best. If they can't get a Smith & Wesson atomatic Glock with a fully loaded assault clip correct, I'd hate to see how they would describe a pick-up truck.
    357and40 and RoadKill like this.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Most of the idiots doing the news probably don't even know that it's a brand.
    They most likely think it's a type of weapon, you know "the kind all the mass murderers use" with the "high capacity clips"
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Drunk Driving = the same number of deaths as 2 747 planes crashing every week. Glocks don't kill anyone (people shooting them do)
    • We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    I agree, this should also apply to crimes commited with other weapons.

Examples:
    "The 17 yr old perpertrator was armed with a CRAFTSMAN screw driver."

"The drive by shooting was commited on a new set of 24" in., low profile, BRIDGESTONE multi-radial tires."

"The attempted rape was commited by a 25 yr old man who wearing JOCKEY briefs"

"A B&E took place and the homeowner was assaulted by a LOUISVILLE Slugger bat".

This thread proves it... Glocks are bad... ummkay...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    Its for the best. If they can't get a Smith & Wesson atomatic Glock with a fully loaded assault clip correct, I'd hate to see how they would describe a pick-up truck.
    Agreed....I have heard media call an ak or ar a fully automatic assault weapon....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

The MSM is clueless when identifying firearms..... (click on thumbnail)

journalist_guns_2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    Agreed....I have heard media call an ak or ar a fully automatic assault weapon....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    I was watching a news report the other day when a rifle used in a shooting was identified by the news caster as "what is commonly called a machinegun". This tells me they knew that it was not a full auto but they were still trying to leave that impression with the viewers.

Michael
    Last edited by mlr1m; September 1st, 2011 at 02:57 PM. Reason: I made an oopsie

On Glocks.
    Anyone else remember back when Glocks were first coming out on the market? Back then the idea of plane highjackings were still fresh in everyone's minds. The media and many in government including some police organizations were screaming that these were "plastic guns" undetectable by metal detectors. That highjackers could carry these through any airport in the world without detection.
    They claimed the only reason anyone needed a plastic gun was to evade detection when highjacking a plane. Then when many of these same civic leaders purchased these same weapons for their LEO's it made me wonder. Are the police highjacking planes? Why else would they need one?

Michael

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Years ago the news would report a shooting with he phrase "the shooter had a snub nosed 38"

Rush Limbaugh made a big thing about Glocks in the early 90s and for what ever reason a stigma was born.

I guess it is worth mentioning that anything with a "banana shaped magazine, a fore end railed housing and adjustable stock is considered a Assult Rifle by the media.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

sgb
    Someone once said there was no such thing as a stupid question, this thread proves that wrong.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete14 View Post
    Why is it that when someone is accidentally or intentionally shot the brand of gun (normally Glock) is always brought up but if a drunk driver/careless driver kills someone the brand of car or the brand of beer is never mentioned?

Is it the media? Is there a double standard?
    Because Glocks really ARE evil. How long have you been involved with guns, and you didn't know this?
    --------------------------------
    Besides, the media knows all handguns as "Glocks". Handgun = Glock. Gun = Evil. Therefore, nobody should own "Glocks".
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    I feel bad for Glocks they take an unfair beating in the media because every time they bust someone and see an all black gun its automatically a GLOCK! we all know that most of those $100 street guns that were bought illegally are Hipoints! Its all about putting fear into people, and some words do it better than others. Glock sounds evil Millenium doesn't. AK47 sounds evil Weatherby doesn't. They play on peoples emotions to get reactions.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links