Manufacturer of ballistic auto glass "Stands behind his product." VIDEO

This is a discussion on Manufacturer of ballistic auto glass "Stands behind his product." VIDEO within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yikes! Cool product, but I am not sure it was good fundamentals of firearms safety to do that. But in that industry and with that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Manufacturer of ballistic auto glass "Stands behind his product." VIDEO

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Yikes! Cool product, but I am not sure it was good fundamentals of firearms safety to do that. But in that industry and with that product, it's certainly good advertising.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

2. Remove Ads

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    My first impression was simply.... any man willing to put his life in danger to test his product, and stand behind it. Is a man I would be interested in doing business with. A man with grit and courage who is innovative. I didn't give the dress or haircut a second thought. If he stands behind it and risks his life testing it, I feel comfortable using it to protect my own life.
    Seriously do you think he was testing the product? The product was proven before the video was recorded, he did not really risk his life he was show boating.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I tend to agree with azchevy.

This world IS materialistic and impressionable. So you want your opinions to be as well? Sure, he may not get a job as a salesman dressed like that but as it has been said, He isn't trying to get a salesman job. He is the founder and owner of a very successful company. What does his dress have to do with anything? You may judge him and say he is dumb, out of fashion, doesn't fit the part, etc... but he has shown through his business he is not any of the things you claim his appearance conveys to you.

Sometimes I want to show a friend of mine a clip on youtube. Lets say a Comedy clip. I turn on the video which happens to be a few years old and he has a hairdo and a weird "bill cosby" sweater on. I get so frustrated when this person can't seems to grasp the meaning of the clip which is...to be funny. I don't care what he looks like.

Good product! I'll bet he's got a bunch of lawyers working for him!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I think its a great thing someone can stand behind their product like that, especially when its supposed to save lives.

And a note on the clothing, Jobs turned Apple into a $65,230,000,000 a year company wearing sneakers, jeans and a turtleneck. Besides, if the ballistic glass failed, how silly would he feel for getting a $3,000 suit all bloody?
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trainercb View Post
    VERY effective advertising, however, I find the "President and CEO" a little unprofessional. His bowl cut and clothes make him look like he's 15....especially the flip flops. I cant really find myself taking him too seriously. It actually seems like the whole thing was a parody.
    I read this and started chuckling. Whaddya want him to do, show up in an Armani suit holding a briefcase and his morning cup of coffee and go, "I'm the CEO and president of Texas Armoring. Buy my product because when I get shot at I still look professional, and that's what counts." The End.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

VIP Member
    Good video and that's some kind of tough glass. Dangerous as it was, he literally stood behind his product, that's something a manure spreader salesman won't do.

I would have never thought that guy was the owner, he looked like he was hired help. Talent, brains, work ethic, etc usually make the person successful, business clothing can put the icing on the cake. It's nice to utilize both.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by thephanatik View Post

And a note on the clothing, Jobs turned Apple into a $65,230,000,000 a year company wearing sneakers, jeans and a turtleneck.
    Beat me to it.
    "If you only knew the power of the dark side!" - Darth Vader

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by trainercb View Post
    and one was this guy, and the other carried and composed himself like James Yeager,
    who would you go with?
    The guy in this video.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    There is an old video of a woman holding a piece of glass and her husband or enployeer shoots at it. I think it is on youtube. Scarry. BTW, once you get a hole in the glass, there is nothing left to stop/slown down and projectile. Pretty dumb and damn dangersous.

Best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

heres the older video from you tube Woman Holds Bullet Proof Glass While Shot - YouTube
    Diddle likes this.

your kidding right? your concern of his appearance? I have dealt with billionaire investors in flannel shirts and jeans and ones in the 3000+ suits. I'll tell you; I will usually be more impressed with the person dressed down; as he is more so in line with the rest of us commoners. Knowledgeable people don't need to dress to impress if not required. Let's be clear there are situations when it is appropriate but lets be honest. The corporate world isn't what it use to be! It really depends on the business. Jobs was a great example presented earlier.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn89 View Post
    heres the older video from you tube Woman Holds Bullet Proof Glass While Shot - YouTube
    Thats it! Thanks for finding it. Even in 1952 there..... Well never mind..
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    It must be an effective add...since it has seemed to generate plenty of discussion on several gun boards.

And pretty much everyone that has seen it will remember it. Can you say that about many other ads that you have seen?

Sometimes you have to do something outrageous to get the point across. Looks like they were successful.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I honestly don't see much different here than a manufacturer of parachutes jumping out of a plane at 10,000 feet while using his product. The end result would be the same just the guy with the chute would have more time to think about it....

As far as his dress, I don't see anything wrong with it. I come from the electronics tech community, the way you dress don't mean much.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links