Defensive Carry banner

Manufacturer of ballistic auto glass "Stands behind his product." VIDEO

3K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  LeftofMars 
#1 ·

God bless both of them.

So is this effective advertising or reckless use of a firearm? I'd say both. Reminds me of the guy that shoots himself with a .357 Magnum to prove his vests work.

#3 ·
I guess sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you dont. Holy Crap...:smile:

#4 ·
There is no reason to perform that test with a live human, foolish.

#6 ·
VERY effective advertising, however, I find the "President and CEO" a little unprofessional. His bowl cut and clothes make him look like he's 15....especially the flip flops. I cant really find myself taking him too seriously. It actually seems like the whole thing was a parody.

#21 ·
I read this and started chuckling. Whaddya want him to do, show up in an Armani suit holding a briefcase and his morning cup of coffee and go, "I'm the CEO and president of Texas Armoring. Buy my product because when I get shot at I still look professional, and that's what counts." The End.

#7 ·
Judging someone by their looks is unprofessional. Guess when you become the President and CEO of a successful long running multi-million dollar company you can show him and us a thing or two about dress huh?

http://trade.gov/iraq/iraq_doc_successtexasarmor.asp

Texas Armoring, a small San Antonio, TX vehicle security refitting company, has had over $6 million in sales in the Iraq marketplace. Servicing both reconstruction and non-reconstruction clients, Texas Armoring has been successfully marketing its products throughout Iraq with the help of local sales agents. All of the add-on parts used in the company’s refitting are manufactured in its plant at San Antonio. Over twenty-five new positions at its company plant have been created to support demand for its products as well as 3 Iraqi sales agents employed in the region.

Texas Armoring has been manufacturing its product for over 25 years. According to Ronald Kimball, president of Texas Armoring, “ We are pleased that we are a part of the efforts that are being made to save lives”.
Not a parody

Armored Cars, Bulletproof Vehicles, Armoured Sedans & Trucks

Not bad for a 15 year old with a bowl cut:

http://www.tradetag.com/21/219a0410b5001510-company.html

http://www.manta.com/g/mmjvj7t/ronald-t-kimball

How did you do this year in terms of revenue?

#9 ·
Judging someone by their looks is unprofessional. Guess when you become the President and CEO of a successful long running multi-million dollar company you can show him and us a thing or two about dress huh?

Trade.gov - Texas Armoring Corporation Success Story

Not a parody

Armored Cars, Bulletproof Vehicles, Armoured Sedans & Trucks

Not bad for a 15 year old with a bowl cut:

Texas Armoring Corporation, Mr. Ronald Kimball, 1-210-333 0211

Ronald T Kimball*, President* - Texas Armoring - San Antonio, TX

How did you do this year in terms of revenue?

not too sure why youre so defensive on this, but whatever. I think his dress is unprofessional and that he does not look the part of someone that would run an armor business or be that knowledgable on the matter of armored vehicles or anything tactical whatsoever. For instance, if I was going to armor my personal vehicle and I met with the presidents of 2 companies for a meet and greet, and one was this guy, and the other carried and composed himself like James Yeager, who would you go with? Again, not trying to diss the company, but to be such an amazing hero in your eyes, and to be the head of a successful company, I would just expect him to dress the part.

Reactions: BaconHunter
#8 ·
I would stand behind it sorry I like myself just way to much! and what if the shooter while firing 3 in a row hit the gap that broke open between the glass and steel after the first shot hit??? that would kinda suck.

#11 ·
blah, blah, blah ghandi. first impressions are everything. this world is vain and materialistic. This world is judgement and opinions. Go to a lawfirm with tattoos and apply for a job. Heck, just show up dressed like this guy and see if you get the position. very doubtful.

#13 ·
obviously this guy would not become a lawyer. If an aspiring lawyer showed up dressed like that at a lawfirm I'm sure it is highly doubtful he would get the position.

As far as the link with the tattooed lawyers goes, there will always be an OVERWHELMINGLY minority to do something that is out of the ordinary. For instance, I just read a story about a restaurant that only hires felons. The owner said that no one would hire him so he created the business to employ other felons who could not find work anywhere else.

There will always be those that are different, which is great. Again, this is nothing against you, chevy, or the armor company. It looks to be an amazing product. I'm just voicing my first impression of the guy. To put it this way, if he would have never said his position would you have expected him to be the President and CEO? I'm sure I'm not the only person that would be surprised by that.

#14 ·
My first impression was simply.... any man willing to put his life in danger to test his product, and stand behind it. Is a man I would be interested in doing business with. A man with grit and courage who is innovative. I didn't give the dress or haircut a second thought. If he stands behind it and risks his life testing it, I feel comfortable using it to protect my own life.

#17 ·
Seriously do you think he was testing the product? The product was proven before the video was recorded, he did not really risk his life he was show boating.

#15 ·
The guy has the ultimate confidence in his product. He obviously trusts the effectiveness and quality of his glass with his life to the degree that he feels that he is not at risk of losing his life. Kudos to him.

It's his life. He can jump naked into a giant vat of boiling tar if he wants to. It's no sweat off me.

#18 ·
I tend to agree with azchevy.

This world IS materialistic and impressionable. So you want your opinions to be as well? Sure, he may not get a job as a salesman dressed like that but as it has been said, He isn't trying to get a salesman job. He is the founder and owner of a very successful company. What does his dress have to do with anything? You may judge him and say he is dumb, out of fashion, doesn't fit the part, etc... but he has shown through his business he is not any of the things you claim his appearance conveys to you.

Sometimes I want to show a friend of mine a clip on youtube. Lets say a Comedy clip. I turn on the video which happens to be a few years old and he has a hairdo and a weird "bill cosby" sweater on. I get so frustrated when this person can't seems to grasp the meaning of the clip which is...to be funny. I don't care what he looks like.

#19 ·
Good product! I'll bet he's got a bunch of lawyers working for him!

#20 ·
I think its a great thing someone can stand behind their product like that, especially when its supposed to save lives.

And a note on the clothing, Jobs turned Apple into a $65,230,000,000 a year company wearing sneakers, jeans and a turtleneck. Besides, if the ballistic glass failed, how silly would he feel for getting a $3,000 suit all bloody?

#22 ·
Good video and that's some kind of tough glass. Dangerous as it was, he literally stood behind his product, that's something a manure spreader salesman won't do. :rofl:

I would have never thought that guy was the owner, he looked like he was hired help. Talent, brains, work ethic, etc usually make the person successful, business clothing can put the icing on the cake. It's nice to utilize both.

#25 ·
There is an old video of a woman holding a piece of glass and her husband or enployeer shoots at it. I think it is on youtube. Scarry. BTW, once you get a hole in the glass, there is nothing left to stop/slown down and projectile. Pretty dumb and damn dangersous.

Best!

#27 ·
your kidding right? your concern of his appearance? I have dealt with billionaire investors in flannel shirts and jeans and ones in the 3000+ suits. I'll tell you; I will usually be more impressed with the person dressed down; as he is more so in line with the rest of us commoners. Knowledgeable people don't need to dress to impress if not required. Let's be clear there are situations when it is appropriate but lets be honest. The corporate world isn't what it use to be! It really depends on the business. Jobs was a great example presented earlier.

#29 ·
It must be an effective add...since it has seemed to generate plenty of discussion on several gun boards.

And pretty much everyone that has seen it will remember it. Can you say that about many other ads that you have seen?

Sometimes you have to do something outrageous to get the point across. Looks like they were successful.

#30 ·
I honestly don't see much different here than a manufacturer of parachutes jumping out of a plane at 10,000 feet while using his product. The end result would be the same just the guy with the chute would have more time to think about it....

As far as his dress, I don't see anything wrong with it. I come from the electronics tech community, the way you dress don't mean much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.