Manufacturer of ballistic auto glass "Stands behind his product." VIDEO

This is a discussion on Manufacturer of ballistic auto glass "Stands behind his product." VIDEO within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; God bless both of them. So is this effective advertising or reckless use of a firearm? I'd say both. Reminds me of the guy that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Manufacturer of ballistic auto glass "Stands behind his product." VIDEO

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Manufacturer of ballistic auto glass "Stands behind his product." VIDEO

God bless both of them.

So is this effective advertising or reckless use of a firearm? I'd say both. Reminds me of the guy that shoots himself with a .357 Magnum to prove his vests work.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Most ballistic glass will stop the first few rounds,but you put a few rounds in the same spot and you got penetration
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I guess sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you dont. Holy Crap...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    There is no reason to perform that test with a live human, foolish.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I respect the fact that the owner of the company is willing to stand behind a product people pay big money for and may have to bet their lives on some day.

VERY effective advertising, however, I find the "President and CEO" a little unprofessional. His bowl cut and clothes make him look like he's 15....especially the flip flops. I cant really find myself taking him too seriously. It actually seems like the whole thing was a parody.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

Judging someone by their looks is unprofessional. Guess when you become the President and CEO of a successful long running multi-million dollar company you can show him and us a thing or two about dress huh?

http://trade.gov/iraq/iraq_doc_successtexasarmor.asp

Texas Armoring, a small San Antonio, TX vehicle security refitting company, has had over $6 million in sales in the Iraq marketplace. Servicing both reconstruction and non-reconstruction clients, Texas Armoring has been successfully marketing its products throughout Iraq with the help of local sales agents. All of the add-on parts used in the company’s refitting are manufactured in its plant at San Antonio. Over twenty-five new positions at its company plant have been created to support demand for its products as well as 3 Iraqi sales agents employed in the region.

Texas Armoring has been manufacturing its product for over 25 years. According to Ronald Kimball, president of Texas Armoring, “ We are pleased that we are a part of the efforts that are being made to save lives”.
    Not a parody

Armored Cars, Bulletproof Vehicles, Armoured Sedans & Trucks

Not bad for a 15 year old with a bowl cut:

http://www.tradetag.com/21/219a0410b...0-company.html

http://www.manta.com/g/mmjvj7t/ronald-t-kimball

How did you do this year in terms of revenue?
    Rollo and ChrisMia like this.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    I would stand behind it sorry I like myself just way to much! and what if the shooter while firing 3 in a row hit the gap that broke open between the glass and steel after the first shot hit??? that would kinda suck.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Judging someone by their looks is unprofessional. Guess when you become the President and CEO of a successful long running multi-million dollar company you can show him and us a thing or two about dress huh?

Trade.gov - Texas Armoring Corporation Success Story

Not a parody

Armored Cars, Bulletproof Vehicles, Armoured Sedans & Trucks

Not bad for a 15 year old with a bowl cut:

Texas Armoring Corporation, Mr. Ronald Kimball, 1-210-333 0211

Ronald T Kimball*, President* - Texas Armoring - San Antonio, TX

How did you do this year in terms of revenue?

not too sure why youre so defensive on this, but whatever. I think his dress is unprofessional and that he does not look the part of someone that would run an armor business or be that knowledgable on the matter of armored vehicles or anything tactical whatsoever. For instance, if I was going to armor my personal vehicle and I met with the presidents of 2 companies for a meet and greet, and one was this guy, and the other carried and composed himself like James Yeager, who would you go with? Again, not trying to diss the company, but to be such an amazing hero in your eyes, and to be the head of a successful company, I would just expect him to dress the part.
    BaconHunter likes this.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by trainercb View Post
    not too sure why youre so defensive on this, but whatever. I think his dress is unprofessional and that he does not look the part of someone that would run an armor business or be that knowledgable on the matter of armored vehicles or anything tactical whatsoever. For instance, if I was going to armor my personal vehicle and I met with the presidents of 2 companies for a meet and greet, and one was this guy, and the other carried and composed himself like James Yeager, who would you go with? Again, not trying to diss the company, but to be such an amazing hero in your eyes, and to be the head of a successful company, I would just expect him to dress the part.
    Because i feel that people who think people "don't look the part" or call other people unprofessional have never been as successful in life. I don't care about what they look like. I care about the track record of their product. Especially when my life is on the line.

Can you please show my the life rule handbook that requires successful people to dress a certain way? I must have missed that growing up. I also must have missed the part where I am to judge someone by how they dress.

blah, blah, blah ghandi. first impressions are everything. this world is vain and materialistic. This world is judgement and opinions. Go to a lawfirm with tattoos and apply for a job. Heck, just show up dressed like this guy and see if you get the position. very doubtful.
    -George Washington

Why does he have to apply? He founded, created, and built a multi million dollar company. What have you done to merit you judging him?

but at ay rate your judgements are WRONG again as usual http://inkedinc.ning.com/group/tattooedlawyers

I am sure he worries about your judgement anyway when he is cashing his revenue checks.
    thephanatik likes this.

obviously this guy would not become a lawyer. If an aspiring lawyer showed up dressed like that at a lawfirm I'm sure it is highly doubtful he would get the position.

As far as the link with the tattooed lawyers goes, there will always be an OVERWHELMINGLY minority to do something that is out of the ordinary. For instance, I just read a story about a restaurant that only hires felons. The owner said that no one would hire him so he created the business to employ other felons who could not find work anywhere else.

There will always be those that are different, which is great. Again, this is nothing against you, chevy, or the armor company. It looks to be an amazing product. I'm just voicing my first impression of the guy. To put it this way, if he would have never said his position would you have expected him to be the President and CEO? I'm sure I'm not the only person that would be surprised by that.
    -George Washington

My first impression was simply.... any man willing to put his life in danger to test his product, and stand behind it. Is a man I would be interested in doing business with. A man with grit and courage who is innovative. I didn't give the dress or haircut a second thought. If he stands behind it and risks his life testing it, I feel comfortable using it to protect my own life.

Administrator
    The guy has the ultimate confidence in his product. He obviously trusts the effectiveness and quality of his glass with his life to the degree that he feels that he is not at risk of losing his life. Kudos to him.

It's his life. He can jump naked into a giant vat of boiling tar if he wants to. It's no sweat off me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links