Cop shot during training

This is a discussion on Cop shot during training within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; How many times does this have to happen before somebody makes sure all weapons are cleared and no live ammo in training area. Pharr officer ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bbqgrill

Thread: Cop shot during training

Cop shot during training

How many times does this have to happen before somebody makes sure all weapons are cleared and no live ammo in training area.
    Pharr officer injured during training exercise | pharr, training, exercise - Valley Morning Star
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Didn't follow the rules! Won't look good to his promotion board.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

sgb
    The more one handles firearms the more complacent one tends to get. As LE handle firearms daily it's no wonder that they are the leading group to suffer from negligent discharges.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    The more one handles firearms the more complacent one tends to get. As LE handle firearms daily it's no wonder that they are the leading group to suffer from negligent discharges.
    I think that is a bit of an over simplification. I am not sure of the root cause but I have to believe it is deeper, maybe not.
    Rollo likes this.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    I'm not certain I agree with your assesment. I think it's more of a lack of training to automatically clear their firearms.

Training to use the firearm, and training to clear weapons should be practiced so that it becomes automatic for them. The more one handles guns, the less likely they should be to do something wrong.

VIP Member
    Maybe the recieving officer broke them most important rule of them all: Thou shalt not P.O. the man with the gun!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I just heard on the news that a probation officer was shot and killed with another officers weapon during a training demonstration. That IMO, is unbelievable. Who in there right mind would take another persons firearm and not clear it before trying to do a demonstration of any kind...

Someone needs a new profession.

If something like that can happen during a supposedly controlled demonstration, imagine that individual out on the streets and what type of lackadaisical attitude they would have with the general public.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

If they wanta train like it's real then use Simunitions,worse case scenario you get a really cool bruise
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    I'm not certain I agree with your assesment. I think it's more of a lack of training to automatically clear their firearms.

Training to use the firearm, and training to clear weapons should be practiced so that it becomes automatic for them. The more one handles guns, the less likely they should be to do something wrong.
    Remember the good old days when Mom and Dad drilled this into you as a part of your childhood? Now that would probably be considered child abuse teaching gun safety to preschoolers.

Michael

^ I almost always manage to catch a sim round in the one part of my body thats not covered. My fingertip. Still beats the hell out of taking live fire. This has to be tough on the victim, but also tough on the shooter. .....a career of "call a tow truck" jokes...

Links