Glock 28 Not Available to The Public - Why?

This is a discussion on Glock 28 Not Available to The Public - Why? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone know why the Glock 28 is not available to the general public? Or reasoning behind it?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Glock 28 Not Available to The Public - Why?

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar

Glock 28 Not Available to The Public - Why?

Anyone know why the Glock 28 is not available to the general public? Or reasoning behind it?
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Not enough import points.
    Don't know why anyone would want one when they are the same size as the 9mm and .40 versions

Quote Originally Posted by vista461 View Post
    Not enough import points.
    Don't know why anyone would want one when they are the same size as the 9mm and .40 versions
    I agree...pointless!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Yep, just go with a 9mm.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Because glock realizes that 380s just generate caliber wars...
    zonker1986 likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

They are made in Austria and dont qualify under ATF standards. The 9mm 40 and 357 are all the same size making the 380 pointless.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

But now that Glock is able to make a 100% Made in USA gun it is an interesting thought to wonder if we'll see them.

Glock Certified Armorer

The import point system is more of the same "logic" as the rest of the sporting purpose foolishness. It's the same reason the small Glocks come with a grooved trigger and the full size ones don't. A grooved trigger is a target trigger of course, and gets an extra point that is lost in the overall size equation. A target trigger makes a gun much less evil of course.

Having said that, if Glock thought there was a market they would make it available. The gun is impractical as a .380, the only value is that it's rare and impossible to get. That gives it one million "don't see that everyday" points.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

There is a market for .380 Glocks, just not in the US. The Glock .380's appeal is for those countries where "military" caliber weapons are banned (9mm, .45, etc.) and the .40S&W isn't a viable option.
    Old School likes this.
    Courage is endurance for one moment more…

Hollowpoints might expand, but bullets won't shrink.

Μολών Λαβέ

RKM
    I don't see why anybody would want one anyway. Bigger framed .380's, IMO are pointless. Yes, I said bigger, even though it's a sub-compact Glock. Any pistol bigger than and LCP or P3AT is a waste, IMO of course :) There are no benefits of shooting .380 in the same sized frame as a 9mm or .40 over either of them. Not even cost. .380 belongs in tiny pockets guns for ultra concealment.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbys44 View Post
    There is a market for .380 Glocks, just not in the US. The Glock .380's appeal is for those countries where "military" caliber weapons are banned (9mm, .45, etc.) and the .40S&W isn't a viable option.
    Thanks. That was sort of what I thought. I also found that LEOs can buy them. Just no sales the othe general public.

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression with the post.

Best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "They are made in Austria and dont qualify under ATF standards."

Yet there are dozens of imported .380s on the market, so...
    And perhaps some people just want a .380 Glock to round out the collection?
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Maybe people who are recoil sensitive would want one. Some older people have arthritis and can't handle much recoil.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Quote Originally Posted by czman2006 View Post
    Maybe people who are recoil sensitive would want one. Some older people have arthritis and can't handle much recoil.
    Exactly. I tried for a while to find a .380 Glock for my wife. She insisted she wanted a larger gun that had the .380 round, so that it would have less recoil. In the end we ended up getting the Walther PK380. But it isn't nearly as good of quality as a Glock and doesn't hold as many rounds either. I'd most certainly buy one if I knew where to get my hands on one without paying a small fortune.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Get a diamond back .380. Closest thing you will get to a Glock .380
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links