Keep track of your guns...

This is a discussion on Keep track of your guns... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I took a trip to the range tonight and as I was cleaning up brass around my stall I noticed a little black box in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep track of your guns...

Keep track of your guns...

I took a trip to the range tonight and as I was cleaning up brass around my stall I noticed a little black box in the stall next to me. I thought "could it be?" I look around and don't see anyone (it was closing time) and think to myself "the last shooter in this stall left over 30 minutes ago". I grab the box and pop her open... lo and behold a Magnun Research Baby Eagle and magazine. I thought woohoo! free gun...

Unfortunately, my pesky conscience forced me to hand it over to the range officer. But not without leaving my name and phone number in case no one claims it. :-)

So remember folks, keep track of your firearms. The next guy who finds them may not be as nice as me.
    "Bolt actions speak louder than words."

2. Remove Ads

I'd have told the Range Officer that I had found an item, given them my name and phone number and advised them to have anyone who reported anything missing to call me. Once they identified the gun, I'd give it back to them, otherwise, "WOOHOO"!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Wow, where is your mind if you actually leave a weapon at the range??

I think I left my Baby Eagle at the range in Fla the other day. Can you ship it up here?

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Don't want to go there. Guy reports it stolen...you are stopped for a tail light out. You did the right thing, man. Kudos.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    I had a sudden memory lapse yesterday - happens a lot to an old gent they tell me. Now if you can kindly tell me the name of the range where I left my Baby Eagle in the stall yesterday I'll just come on back and pick it up
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

I had a feeling there would be a few people who lost their Baby Eagle at the range yesterday, which is why I didn't post which range I went to.

The RO said he was pretty sure he knew who it belonged to. So we'll just wait and see.

VIP Member
    A big lapse, but I guess that's better than leaving it in the men's room. I have a cousin who left his revolver in the men's room. It didn't go well after, especially with my uncle.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

GM
    IMO you did the only right thing . It was not your gun.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Some lady left her brand new (I think I remember it being a gift from hubby/bf or something) .357 mag out at our area's public range a couple of years ago....she contacted the press wanting to get it back as I remember, never heard whether she was successful in that endeavor.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I once had a police officer leave his sig 228 in a holster just sitting on the table. I was working at the range at the time. Whats funny the guy didn't even call until 2 days later.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    I once had a police officer leave his sig 228 in a holster just sitting on the table. I was working at the range at the time. Whats funny the guy didn't even call until 2 days later.
    I do not think I would call it funny; I would rather call it scary.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Keep an eye on what the range officer starts using.................

The RO is a cool guy, I've shot his arms many times. I don't think he would try to keep the gun for himself. But I'll keep an eye out anyway.

As for the leo that didn't realize he was missing his Sig for two days... I'd be a little worried about that. Imagine the damage the wrong person could do with a cops gun in two days.

How do you know the Ranger Officer won't say... " A baby Eagle, well no .... no one saw one"
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links