Gun cleaning area

This is a discussion on Gun cleaning area within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Do you have a permanent gun cleaning area or do you set up ad hoc as necessary?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gun cleaning area

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Gun cleaning area

Do you have a permanent gun cleaning area or do you set up ad hoc as necessary?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

I plan on setting up an area when I get my man room/gun room, but right now no I don't have a permanent gun cleaning area

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    Do you have a permanent gun cleaning area or do you set up ad hoc as necessary?
    I've got a cheap folding table from Walmart that I set up in front of the television. 500 mile NASCAR races are a good time to clean a pistol.
    DefConGun likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    I've got a place set up in a portion of my shop.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

My reloading bench is also my cleaning bench. I have sealed the surface of my bench to prevent the benchtop from absorbing either gunpowder residue, or oil.

When I go down to my workshop, I am either reloading, or cleaning guns, one or the other; never both in the same session. That way I keep only the necessary materials out on the bench at any given time.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    I have a covered patio. It is not visible from any of my neighbors yards or the street. I like to go outside and do the cleaning on the patio. That sort of solves the problems with odors from various solvents and lubricant.

I would not recommend doing it outdoors if you are apt to lose springs or if a neighbor might see what you are doing and become upset.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    I work from home and my home office is the only space in my home that is exclusively mine. My safe and my ammo locker are also in there; so for cleaning, I have to clear my desk, get out some old news paper and transform my office.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I have an area in my basement with a work bench that I use for cleaning. If it's nice, I'll use my back porch since the side with the neighbors is covered by trees and bushes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I've got a cheap folding table from Walmart that I set up in front of the television. 500 mile NASCAR races are a good time to clean a pistol.
    Same here!! except I do while watching the Dallas Cowgirls make fools of themselves.

Kitchen table, w/Gunzilla.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I am one of the lucky few who has an awesome wife that understands she does not need to understand why a man needs a man room in order to not put up a fight about it. In reality she welcomed my Xbox 360 not being hooked to the LR TV so when we bought our house, I got the front bedroom as my manroom, she got the rest of the home to decorate as she pleases. The funny part is as a man I don't have a whole lot of issue with however she wanted to decorate anyway, but a fake compromise is still compromise! So my manroom houses a 42" plasma, my Xbox 360, all of my movies, my work bench (a full size door with a table leg kit attatched), and various other man cave shrine like stuff. My work bench is used for leather, reloading and gun cleaning here I'll post pics! We need a show us your man cave thread! By the way the British flag is a Jack that flies on the bow of a british ballistic missle submarine, I traded a USS Miami (the submarine I was stationed aboard) ballcap for it in Faslain Scotland.
    Attached Images

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I don't have a good spot to clean a gun right now, that's why I'm wanting to get a shed and have been looking into that - just for things like this, etc.

I got fussed at last time I used the kitchen table. so I guess that's out. Now that it is under 100 degrees in North Texas, I might even use my reloading bench in the garage.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

I've dedicated a sizeable portion of a work bench in my garage to gun cleaning. My supplies are shelved above the bench and I have plenty of room for gun maintenance. Since I'm in the garage a little Gunzilla or Ballistol spillage isn't going to get me in any trouble with you know who.

Yes but its portable. I have a table I use in the same spot but have to put it away are face the wrath of my wife.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links