Mini-30....Red dot

This is a discussion on Mini-30....Red dot within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My dad hates the crappy little pop-up peep sight that's currently on his Mini-30, so I was throwing around the idea of getting him a ...

Thread: Mini-30....Red dot

Mini-30....Red dot

My dad hates the crappy little pop-up peep sight that's currently on his Mini-30, so I was throwing around the idea of getting him a red dot sight for Christmas. I'm at the very beginning stages of looking into it. My questions were....how would they be mounted on a mini-30? Just a standard Picatinny rail? What problems have you run into, if any, with mounting optics on mini-30s?

What would I need to get besides the sight itself in order to mount it to the rifle?

Thanks!
    Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave.

- Andrew Fletcher 1698

2. Remove Ads

Did not like them either...good rear sight retro ghost ring..www.tech-sight.com...bought the OEM "hi-rise" 1" ring scope mounts from Ruger...come in SS or blued and I put a good leopold on it..need to be "hi-rise"..normal scope mount to low for ejected brass in both the .223 and .30...Found another WEBsite for the "30" www.har-bar Im interested in the idea..mount a laser..tac-light...lGooduck

Links